ch.4

the next world

    the sun shined through my window, waking me up from how bright it was. my eyes slowly fluttered open, taking a look around the room.

    when glenn wasn't in my view i groaned, tears starting to fall out of my eyes from anger.

    "glenn! glenn!" my screams mixed with the sobs made it sound as if i was getting murdered.

     i heard fast footsteps rushing up the stairs and soon enough, my pizza boy busted through my door.

     "what's wrong?! are you okay? is the baby alright? why are you crying?!" he panicked, his eyes searching the room frantically .

     i got on my knees, yanking a pillow off his side of the bed before chucking it at him. the impact was so hard, he fell straight on his ass.

     "serves you right, pizza boy. i didn't wake up with you in my bed" i sniffled, strutting past his body that was sprawled out on the floor.

     "your hormones are getting worse as the days go on" he groaned, shoving the pillow into his face.

    "i'd watch what you say if i were you" i warned, pulling a grey shirt over my head before exiting the room.

     i passed the empty bedroom in our house, stopping in front of it before i went any further. i tip toed to the door, cracking it open a bit to see if enid had stayed last night.

     sadly, the bed was made, just like it was when i went to sleep.

   i sighed, closing the door, soon making my way downstairs and out the door in search for the brown haired girl.

      after awhile of searching, i found her sitting on a bench under the gazebo.

    "hey" i greeted, catching the young girls attention, "where have you been?"

    she furrowed her eye brows, looking up at me, "what?"

     "i never see you... everybody's been working for weeks to get this place back together and you just disappear."

      she shrugged, closing her small bullet journal, "where'd you go?"

    "nowhere" she simply responded, causing me to let out a sign, taking a seat next to her, "you helped glenn get home. helped my sister when she was up in that guard post."

     "yeah?"

     "maybe there are better places than just nowhere... how about you become my intern? learn some medical stuff, help in the infirmary" i suggested, watching a small smile sneak onto her face.

     "actually?" she questioned, earning a small nod, "mhm, you'll have your own lab coat and everything. just come find me when you make up your mind"

    with that i stood up, moving away from the gazebo, see if her a small smile before fully disappearing.
___________

"melanie" glenn greeted, soon moving into my view from around the corner.

"hey" i started, fiddling with the trellises that would help for gardening, "we get these in, we can start going vertically"

he nodded, moving near my side to help, "where'd you learn how to do this?"

a soft sigh escaped my mouth, "i learned this technique from hershel when we lived at the prison. he would always try and teach me and beth, but we'd always end up goofing off."

a small smile appeared on my face, remembering the two and how much i missed them, "still though, i haven't seen a single bud."

glenn shifted his gaze from the pipes to me, pausing to give me a soft look before he spoke, "babe. it'll grow. we're gonna be okay"