ch.8

last day on earth

     "what do you mean she's dead?" i questioned, looking back and forth between daryl and rosita.

     it had been a week since the whole saviors experience... we were running low on meds so daryl, kennedy, rosita, and denise had went out to check an old med store. sadly, denise didn't come back. not only did i lose my partner, me and enid now had to run the infirmary alone.

     daryl nodded, disappointment written all over his face, "that's not even the worst part."

     i furrowed my eyebrows, thinking nothing could be worse than someone dying.

     "we think there's another group... maybe even more saviors" rosita informed, her words caused my heart to drop. more saviors...

      "how are we gonna be able to handle this alone?" enid questioned, gently grabbing my arm.

     i could hear her question, but even when i opened my mouth. no words came out. rositas words burned in the back of my head.

     "mel... melanie" enid mumbled, waving her hand in my face to get my attention.

     her movements snapped me out of thinking, bringing me back into the real world.

     "oh um, we'll be okay, e. we can keep up with the work, the hard part was losing her."

    she nodded, wrapping her arms around my body to hug me. i smiled at her actions, ushering rosita and daryl away before giving her body a warming squeeze.

     "i'm sure davina will help when she can... i don't wanna out anymore pressure on ken, she practically runs the town along with rick"

     enid smiled, looking up at me, "you and glenn too"

     i let out a soft sigh, nodding, "michonne, daryl, rosita, carl, you.... everyone"

    after my words she pulled away, gently taking my lab coat off, "go home and shower... you're starting to smell. i can handle things for an hour."

     i scoffed, shrugging my shoulder, "fine, you don't want to spend quality time with your best friend? suit yourself"

      she smiled, waving to me before i exited the building, "i love you!!"

     "i love you too, e." i stated before closing the door behind me, heading straight to me and glenns home.

     when i opened the front door, glenn was standing in the living room, smiling towards me.

     "you're home"

     i smiled, taking off my jacket as i entered, "i see someone missed me"

    he nodded, moving towards me. once he was close enough, he grabbed my face with both of his hands, pulling me into a kiss.

    "mind joining me in the shower?" i smirked, taking a step up the stairs, his hands still on my face.

      a grin appeared on his face when he removed his hands, ushering me upstairs, "how could i decline such an amazing experience?"

    i smacked his shoulder, chuckling as i opened the bathroom door. we both didn't wait to undress ourselves, we've done this many times.

     i moved to the shower, turning on and adjusting the water while he took off his pants.

    i walked in first, feeling the water trickle down on my hair. when i felt glenns presence behind me, i turned, seeing his eyes trained on my lower half.