ch.14

new best friends

    "you call yourself a damn king" daryl started, getting pissed off at the fact the king wouldn't help fight the saviors, "you sure as hell don't act like one"

    ezekiel moved towards daryl, gesturing for us to look around, "all of this... came at a cost."

    my eyes moved to where he pointed. seeing happy families smiling and living life like it was normal.

    something me and glenn would die for so that our little bean could live happily and care free.

    "although the kingdom cannot grant you the aid you desire, i will offer our friends daryl and melanie asylum for as long as they need it. the saviors do not set foot inside our walls"

    daryl shifted from beside me, letting out a light scoff, "how long do you think that's gonna last?"

     he didn't wait for an answer as he quickly took off in the opposite direction. soon we all followed.

     "melanie, we will figure something out, okay? just give us some time"

    i turned to glenn, shaking my head, "we don't have time, glenn. this baby is gonna pop out anytime now. plus the saviors are still looking for me and daryl"

    he licked his lips, placing his hands on his hips, "look maggie offered us a place at the hilltop... we'll start there."

     i let out an irritated sigh, nodding my head reluctantly as we stopped at the front gates of the kingdom.

    "hey, open it up. we're gone" daryl instructed, causing the men who operates the gate to nod.

    "you two are not. glenn too if he needs to stay with melanie" rick stated, earning a dirty look from both me and daryl.

    "we're not staying here"

    "you have to" rick retorted. glenn shook his head, stepping towards rick, "melanie needs to be at the hilltop. that's where doctor carson is"

   rick glanced between us before hesitantly nodding his head, "okay, but daryl i at least need you to stay. it's the smartest play."

    i gave daryl a sorry look as glenn started to lead me back towards the gate, "i promise i'll keep you safe, love"

    i huffed out a smile, nodding my head, "i know you will, you always do."

    "glenn. melanie." rick called out, causing us to turn. he threw us a set of car keys and a walkie talkie.

    i furrowed my eyebrows, looking down at the items in my hands, "what's this for?"

    "you guys need to get back to the hilltop. as much as i wish you could come with us. it's too dangerous."

    glenn and i nodded reluctantly, waving goodbye to the others before moving towards a new car.

     "ezekiel must've gave it to rick." glenn stated, opening the passenger side door for me.

    i nodded, getting myself situated, "yeah, he knew either me or daryl would say no to staying"

    "stubborn asses" glenn whispered to himself, but unlucky for him i heard.

    "watch it" i warned playfully as he started the car. he smiled innocently, leaning over to place a small kiss on my lips, "you love me."

    i shrugged, "just a little"

    i jumped a little, hearing the static from the walkie appear. soon followed by the man i resented most in this world.

    "we got ourselves a red situation" negan started, glenn sent me a confused look as he started to drive.

   "i need a search party. see if daryl ran home like the damn animal he is. melanie too, i miss that son of a bitch."

    i cringed, rubbing my head, "we need to get to the hilltop before they find us out in the open"

    glenn nodded, pressing hard on the gas, "you know i love speed anyway"
_______________

     it had been a couple days since we've been at the kingdom. thankfully we made it back without the saviors finding us.

    "me and the baby are still fine. there aren't any signs of her coming anytime soon, but i  already know she's unpredictable like her mom." i sniffled, placing down some flowers on my sisters and abe's grave.

   i found myself doing this a lot since i've been back. talking to them like they were here, made it feel like they still were.

    footsteps caused me to glance up. now seeing rosita in my view. i furrowed my eyebrows, standing up, "hey, ro. are you here—"

    "i'm here because i need your help" she started, catching me off guard, "is glenn inside?"

    i nodded, stepping closer. i stayed silent, already knowing what she wanted to do. she wanted to go after negan.

    she came to me because i'm the only person who wants him dead more than her.

    "one condition—" i started, breaking the silence after thinking about it, "i get to take the shot"

    she hesitated before nodding, "okay"

    "i'm going too" a women's voice announced, causing me to turn. seeing sasha come from around the corner.

    i looked back to rosita, wanting her approval. she had told me what had happened with abe and this was her mission.

    "sure. we could use another person anyway." rosita stated, dropping her bag on the floor.

    "did you bring any explosives?"

    rosita looked up, glancing between the two of us, "i thought about it, but i didn't want anyone finding out and trying to stop me"

   i nodded, crossing my arms over my chest as i watched her pull out a huge gun.

   "so you can take your shot" she lightly smiled, handing me the gun, "rick and michonne found guns"

    "— but they aren't ready to move" sasha finished, taking the gun out of my hands to check it out herself.

   "they can't. they need more guns, more people, more time, more excuses.. but we have ourselves their mole. melanie"

    "there's only three of us" sasha laid out, earning a scoff from ro, "you changing your mind?"

    sasha shook her head, "i'm ready to kill him, but i need to make sure melanie knows what this means."

    "do you?"ro questioned as i let out a sigh, focusing my eyes on the ground, "they can't catch us alive. it's a one way ticket"

    "melanie, i'll take your shot. you just have to draw us a map." sasha started, causing me to look up, "you have too much to risk."

    i nodded, thinking about the small family i was starting to form, "okay, i'll tell you everything i know"

______________
super short chapter!!