ch.11

the cell

day one

   "whe- where's daryl?" i questioned shakily as simon led me down the dark hallway.

     we had been pulled two different ways after being taken out of the truck. i hated being away from him. the rest. my family.

    simon chuckled, stopping at a door, "just be glad you aren't him and you're pregnant."

     he forcefully grabbed my arm, shoving me into the room. my eyes searched the place, seeing medical equipment, a man in a lab coat, and a woman.

    "dr.carson." simon greeted, giving the doctor a fake smile.

    "we were just finishing up." the doctor stated, searching my body up and down along with the woman.

    "hey, are you okay?" the girl questioned, hopping off the medical chair. most likely seeing my baby bump.

    simon grumbled, ignoring the woman's question, "give her a check up, will you? we need to see if she's pregnant or not"

    the doctor quickly nodded, turning to prepare the equipment. simon gave me a pat on the back before moving towards the door, "i'll be back to get you"

    not a word escaped my mouth as i stood broken under everyone's eyes.

    once simon had left, the woman came closer, grabbing my hands into hers, "come on, we'll get you fixed up"

     i gave her a small nod, letting her lead me to the chair, "my names sherry by the way"

     i forced a smile, taking a seat, "melanie"

     "okay, let's take a look" the doctor mumbled, cutting into our conversation.

    i laid back on the chair, allowing him access to my belly. i flinched, feeling the cold gel being pressed against my stomach.

     as the doctor did his work, a smile appeared on his face, seeing my baby appear on the screen.

    im guessing he hasn't seen one in a long time. i couldn't help but smile also, now hearing a little heartbeat echoe through the room.

     though it soon disappeared, hearing the door fling open mixed with whistling.

    the doctor had the same reaction as he dropped the device on my stomach and kneeled.

    when negans face appeared, i quickly grabbed a cloth from the counter and wiped off the gel. quickly after pulling my dirty shit down.

    "well, i'm guessing by the ugly smirks on your guys face... there's a baby" negan grinned, stepping closer to me. back in hand.

    the doctor nodded but no words left his mouth. probably shaking under negans shitty brown eyes.

   "well, look at that shit." he started, the grin never leaving his face, "we need more kids around this place... plus, i get a smokin hot chic"

      i took a deep breath, trying to keep myself calm. i couldn't put my baby in even more danger.

    "so, carson... girl or boy?"

      the doctor took a quick glance up, hesitating before he spoke, "it— it's a— a girl, sir"
_______________
day five

   i've kept to myself in my time being here. though i've managed to gain sherry and dr.carson's trust.

    i've been working on negans. i didn't want to but it was the only way i'd be able to see daryl. get back to my family. have my baby safely.

     i sat in "my room" patiently waiting for negans presence. i knew it was coming, i heard his whistling.