ch.13

rock in the road

glenn and i stood patiently outside gregory's office door, waiting for the others to bring us news.

with me being pregnant and involved with negan. gregory didn't want anything to do with me.

though maggie and doctor carson didn't care. i knew they would do everything in their power to help me and glenn stay until i had the baby.

my head laid on glenns shoulder as i fiddled with his hand that was locked around mine.

my body jolted a bit from the huge doors in front of us flying open. the group held pissed faces as they exited.

"walking ballsack"

"wanna knock that idiots teeth out"

rositas and sasha comment caused me to blink a couple times, letting out a little scoff, "guess that didn't go well, huh?"

"yeah, well we don't need them anyway" daryl stated, joining my side.

rick nodded, "yeah, that's right. we have maggie and sasha and jesus here."

i smirked, crossing my arms over my chest, "... and enid"

"hey, um.." enid greeted, walking to glenns side. i furrowed my brows, rubbing her shoulders, "what's wrong?"

she shook her head, "nothing. just.. come outside"

i sent glenn a confused look as our daughter pulled my hand with her outside. the others following behind.

"what's going on?" maggie questioned, stepping to me and enid's side.

a group of hilltop residents gathered around us, looking a bit uneasy.

"hey. so, if you don't remember. i'm bertie" the women started, looking up to us respectively, "and i owe my life to you all, twice over. a bunch of us do... enid says you want to get us to fight the saviors with you. is that true?"

i glanced quickly to maggie before shifting my gaze back to them, "yes"

the women folded her hands, giving me a small nod, "do you think we can win? that we really could beat them. us."

"i do" maggie stated, giving the woman a direct answer.

the woman sighed, "well, enid says you could show us the way. i'm ready."

after the words left her mouth, the others around her followed in suite. showing that they were by our side.

glenn smiled from beside me, "it's a start"

"it still won't be enough" michonne replied, beginning to walk to the gate. the others following.

"well, we find the right stuff, then maybe we don't need the numbers. blow em up, burn them to the ground"

tara glanced between me and daryl, giving us an unsure look, "you said there weren't just soldiers with the saviors. that they're workers there. they don't have a choice"

her words caused me to remember sherry. i honestly missed her. along with the other women i was forced to be with.

despite the thought of them i shrugged, "well we gotta win"

rick nodded, "right now, we gotta get back. if they come looking for melanie and daryl, we need to be there"

i sent a sad look to glenn. knowing if he decided to go back home, i couldn't go with him. jesus noticed this.