ch.15

the first day of the rest of your life

   "so we don't have oceanside, but we have their guns..." maggie laid out, earning a nod from me.

    "negan has sasha, daryl wants us to trust dwight, rick wants to stay here so there's another safe place the saviors think they control"

    maggie crossed her arms over her chest as i finished her words, "they don't know that gregory's gone..."

     jesus trained his eyes on the ground while we talked. glenn and enid stood close to each other, glancing back and forth between us.

    "are you guys thinking of leading the hilltop over there to fight?" enid questioned, shifting uneasily.

    me and maggie nodded in unison, "we are. if negan finds out they're planning something, they're gonna need help."

    "well, you're gonna have to decide right now and it's a very tough decision" jesus announced, a sheepish smile appearing on his face.

    his grin caused me to smirk, "why are you smiling?"

    he shrugged, "cause i'm glad you guys are the one making it for us"

     when a soft coo appeared, my eyes shifted to the ground. judith was smiling up at me, holding out her hands. showing that she wanted picked up.

    "hi, baby." i smiled, picking her up. though it was hard because of my huge baby bump, it was still possible.

     "your daddy will come see you soon"

    enid took a step forward, extending her arms out for judith, "here, let me take her for awhile. you guys can have a break."

     i nodded, gently handing her to judith, "thank you."

     she smiled before exiting the room. not long after me and glenn exited, leaving maggie and jesus alone.

     i grabbed my fighting knives and gun off our bedside table, shoving them into my holster. glenn furrowed his eyebrows, placing his hands onto mine.

    "woah. woah, hey. you're not going. it's too dangerous"

    i scoffed, "if you are, i definitely am. plus, they're my people too. alexandria is still our home"

     glenn shook his head, ushering me to take a seat, "melanie, no. if negan see's you, he'll kill you without hesitation"

    "you don't know that, glenn. he was different with me. he wouldn't kill a pregnant women. he won't kill sasha. i just know it."

    glenn placed his hands on his head, getting frustrated with my stubbornness. i knew i was asking for a lot. to go and fight, but i needed to do this. for my family.

    "please, babe. we need to fight for the people we lost. for the people still standing. for our unborn baby"

     i watched as he dropped his hands to his sides, pausing before giving me a reluctant nod, "melanie, if you die. if this baby dies. i will never forgive myself"

    i shook my head, standing up to get closer to him, "we won't, glenn. we don't die"

    after my words, i pulled him into a hug, "i love you"

    " i love you too"
_______________

the hilltop stood out of sight, watching the scene between the saviors and alexandrians take place.

they weren't fighting yet thank god, but when they unwrapped a coffin i felt just as much uneasiness.

"so, you don't like eugene anymore..." negan started, throwing his hands up, "you guys gotta like sasha. i do too... got her right here, packaged for your convenience"