ch.10

broken home

   after witnessing my sister and abe's death, negan took rick away in the rv.

i couldn't really tell how long they were gone. the only thing my mind could focus on was the two dead bodies lying on the ground.

   the revving of the rv caught my attention, causing me to raise my eyes the slightest bit.

    negan smirked as he kicked rick out of the truck, soon pulling him back towards us.

     "let me ask you something, rick— do you even know what that little trip was about?"

    my eyes slowly moved from negan to rick, seeing his teary eyes float around the group. i wanted to curse him out for not responding. if someone else were to die because he couldn't answer, i'd be screaming my mind.

     "speak when you're spoken to" negan stated, lightly swaying his bat, lucille, back and forth.

     "okay. okay" rick breathed out fearfully, taking a quick glance at him.

     negans smirk turned into a straight line as he looked down upon rick, "that trip was abou the way you looked at me. i wanted to change that. i wanted you to understand..."

    "but you're still looking at me the same damn way... like i shit in your scrambled eggs and that just ain't gonna work. so do i give you another chance?"

     rick hesitated for a second before nodding his head, "yeah... yes. yes"

     the ugly smirked crept back onto negans face when the words fell from ricks lips.

    "all right...and here it is. what you do next will decide whether your crap day becomes everyone's last crap day or just another crap day.... get some guns to the back of their heads."

     after his words, his men obeyed his orders. raising their guns to each of our heads.

     honestly, i didn't even care if i lived another day... but i knew glenn needed me, the baby in my stomach, and kennedy. so i held on

      i gently turned my head, connecting eyes with glenn who had already been looking at me.

    his eyes filled with sadness, sorrow, hurt. i knew abe's and my sisters death was killing him too.

      i didn't even want to think about how tara would feel when she got back from her mission with heath. finding out abe died along with her girlfriend...

       "kid...right here" negan started, breaking me out of thought as he ushered carl where he was, "you a southpaw?"

     "am i a what?" carl snapped, sending looks that could kill towards negan.

     "you a lefty?" negan corrected, earning a head shake, "no."

     negan smiled as he began to tie a belt around carl's arm, "good... does that hurt?"

    "no."

     "it should. it's supposed to... alright, get on the ground next to daddy. spread them wings. simon... you got a pen?"

     simon nodded, reaching in his pocket to grab out a pen. soon throwing it towards negan, who quickly caught it.

     i watched as he started to draw a line across carl's forearm. when i realized what he was about to do. i wanted to jump up and kill him right then and there.

   "rick, i want you to take your axe... and cut your sons left arm off, right on that line."

    i shook my head rapidly, my voice stammering from the trauma as i talked,   "you— you don't have to do thi— this. we understand"