Chapter 47

Look who finally updated after two months of laziness to edit and proofread 🤪

This chapter was supposed to be longer, but I decided to just split it into two. So that means, you guys don't have to wait long for the next update! I'll just edit the other half real quick within this week lol.

Forgive me for being a slow-updating author, my lovely readers. Also, sorry for making you cry during The Elite Eight Chronicles, but I do hope you enjoyed learning more about my wonderful Elite Eight, and I hope you love them more now as much as I love them.

And for those of you asking: Thalia is not classified as a pure-blood. She has traces of White River Monster, Vita Python, Sanguis Wolf, Thestral, and Grecian Omorfia Dragon in her DNA. As such, she cannot be classified as "pure", nor can she be classified as "half-blood", nor "beast/monster" (because all her traits are inherently human).

Since she is the first of her kind, Thalia is, until further notice, UNCLASSIFIED.

As always, thank you for the love for this fanfic. Hope you enjoy this chapter. And don't forget- I love you all to Jupiter and back!

___________________________

As Isabelle Potter expelled a heavy sigh of relief- just as if a crushing weight had been graciously withdrawn from her chest after so many years of bearing it unwillingly- the story of the Elite Eight draws to a desolate end, leaving a hollowing sort of devastation in its aftermath.

That small and dusty study room occupied by Order members, Hogwarts students, and Elite Aurors alike now felt too crowded- too suffocating. Every dark corner began to mimic ominous shadowy talons, threatening to claw away whatever ounce of hope still lingered in the air. Every chill that rattled their spines intensified, not just because of the coldness brought by December's peak, but mostly due to the shock and horror that unseated their very beings, eradicating every bit of warmth from their system, leaving them completely paralyzed- afraid to move, afraid to talk, and afraid to even breathe.

The entire room felt as though a deadly swarm comprised of a hundred Dementors had passed by to wreak havoc on their peace, to suck out every good thing that existed in the already gloomy space that they occupied. It felt even worse than that, actually- a dozen times worse. At least a Dementor attack could be alleviated by casting a Patronus Charm, or by devouring a bar of chocolate.

This, however... Well, they could think of absolutely nothing to make the situation any better.

The only thing that could possibly undermine this excruciating heartbreak that assaulted them would be to change the pasts of the Elite Eight- to protect them the way they should have been protected, to return the childhood that had been so unfairly snatched away from them. Everyone within that room- every person that now knew the atrocities endured by the Elite Eight- wanted so desperately to go back in time and rewrite Fate's cruel plans, rewrite the stories of the Elite Eight in a way that was much less cruel... much less morbid... much less heartbreaking.

Alas, the power to go back in time and change the past was a great power long desired by many, yet given to none. Simply because Time's requisite value lies in the fact that it cannot be rewound- what has been written by Fate cannot be erased, what has been taken by Death cannot be returned, and what has been bestowed by Life cannot be bargained.