Chapter 4

"Ron, for the last time, they are not going to die!", Hermione exclaims in irritation as she sits down on the Gryffindor table for lunch.

Isabelle and Harry roll their emerald orbs, sitting down beside each other in front of the bantering duo. Ron and Hermione had been arguing the whole walk to the Great Hall, and the twins just chose to remain in silence.

"My uncle Bilius saw a Grim and died twenty-four hours later!", Ron argues, sitting beside Hermione.

"Coincidence", the bushy haired witch says, filling her plate up with a substantial amount of food.

"The Grim scares the living daylights out of people!", Ron objects.

They continue to quarrel back and forth, Isabelle and Harry deciding to stay out of it and talk among themselves.

"Your first day here and someone already predicts your death", Harry says jokingly.

Isabelle smirks, snatching a treacle tart from a nearby plate. "That's just tragic", she replies sarcastically, much to her brother's amusement.

"The look on your face, though, when you saw the Grim on that tea cup", Harry mocks playfully, munching on an apple.

"What about your face when they said you were going to die?", Isabelle fires back with a giggle.

Ron and Hermione stare at the bantering siblings, the former wondering dubiously how they could joke about the Grim, and the latter smiling faintly at the raw happiness the twins displayed.

"How could you joke about something like that?", Ron asks.

"Honestly, Ron", Hermione snaps, "If you ask me, Divination's a bunch of rubbish".

"You're just mad that you're not good at something for once!", Ron fires back.

Now, Isabelle hadn't known Hermione for that long, but she knew that Ron had just touched a nerve.

Angrily, Hermione slams her Arithmancy book. "If being good at Divination means I have to see death omens in tea cups then I'm not sure I'll keep studying it for very long!", she says, standing from her seat.

"Hermione-", Isabelle tries to console.

"I much prefer the things I've learned from my Arithmancy class!", she spats once more before walking away.

Isabelle sighs, smiling at Harry in assurance before running after the agitated witch.

"Hermione!", she calls, finally catching up to her and keeping pace with her angry strides.

The bushy-haired witch ignores the redhead, keeping her eyes on the cement floor.

"I liked Arithmancy a lot more, too", Isabelle says, catching some of Hermione's attention.

"Using numbers to determine probabilities of the future? That's loads better, I think", Isabelle continues, smiling in triumph when Hermione finally looks at her.

"I saw you in Arithmancy", she says.

The redhead nods. "I saw you in Divination, too... And since you technically can't be in two places at once, I'm guessing you have a Time Turner", she says.

Hermione halts, staring wide-eyed at the smirking redhead in front of her. "How... You... Did...", she stutters, caught off-guard until she regains her composure. "You have a Time Turner too?", she asks with an arched brow.

Isabelle shakes her head whilst stuffing her hands into her robes' pockets.

"No... Something much less complicated than a Time Turner... I've tried using that little thing before, and I almost ended up disrupting the whole universe", Isabelle jokes and she feels victorious when Hermione lets out a small giggle.