Chapter 30

The morning after the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament, things pretty much went back to normal for the time being. Classes resumed and, as usual, Ron and Harry procrastinated in doing their home works, only remembering to do them this morning when they woke.

And now, the Gryffindor Quartet were running as fast as they could to Transfiguration in an effort to not be late.

"See what procrastinating does, Ronald?!", Hermione scolds as their rushed footsteps echo around the halls, "See what being a lazy arse does to everyone else around you?!"

"If I wanted to hear annoying nagging, I would've stayed at home with mum, Hermione", Ron grumbled.

"That might be better. Maybe your mother could do your home work better than you could!", Hermione retorted.

"Quiet, both of you", Isabelle hushed, "You both have such energy to be fighting this early in the morning", she shook her head, "Save it for later".

Thankfully, the two bantering Gryffindors decided to shut their mouths and focus on not being late to Professor McGonagall's class.

They were getting closer to their classroom, but just as they turned the last corner, Isabelle was suddenly pulled back into a broom closet, her mouth covered, rendering her unable to call out to her friends.

"Target apprehended", a familiar voice whispered cheekily against her ear, the warmth of his breath tickling her skin ever so slightly.

Rolling her eyes at his silliness, she removed his hand from her mouth and turned to face him. The wide grin on his lips was almost contagious if it had not been for the fact that she was almost late to class.

"Holding me captive inside a broom closet", she raised a brow, "Is this your idea of romance, Mr. Malfoy?", she asked sassily, prompting the blonde to just grin wider.

"Forgive me, Ms. Potter", he chuckled, "I would've kissed you out in the hallway for everyone to see, if it wasn't for the company of your dear brother", he said.

Figuring he had a point, Isabelle dropped that topic, exhaled, and crossed her arms.

"I'm late for my first class, you know", she raised a brow, "And you're late for your first class, too, if I'm not mistaken".

"First class is cancelled, because Professor Binns isn't here", Draco smirked, "So I decided to bless your morning with my presence before your classes start".

"Bless?", Isabelle snorted, "More like curse. You're pestering me this early in the morning", she huffed.

Feigning hurt, Draco puts a hand against his chest. "I'm offended", he whimpered.

"So dramatic", Isabelle rolled her eyes playfully.

"You know", Draco pouted, subconsciously inching closer to her, "You're mean".

"It's a talent of mine", she shrugged, looking up at him whilst trying to hold back her smile from their cute banter.

"And because of that, you do not deserve my kisses today!", he declared.

"Hey!", Isabelle whined stubbornly, "No fair!".

"Just kidding", Draco winked, closing the distance between them and planting the sweetest peck on her forehead, right where her scar was located, "I don't really need to wish you luck on your classes, do I?", he chuckled, nudging his nose against hers as she finally allowed herself to smile with all the giddiness she felt at that moment.