Chapter 48

Hello, lovely readers!

I was supposed to update earlier, but my dad got sent to the hospital. I'm so sorry! He's alright now though! And I've finally updated again! Yay!

To all Ace stans, I apologize in advance.
Please don't come after me, lol.
I swear there'll be a lot of happy chapters to come!

Hope you enjoy!
Love you to Jupiter and back as always!

___________________________

Upon Kingsley's courteous request to have some privacy with his students, the rest of the people within that second-floor study room began to rise from their seats.

One by one, they filed out of the room, but not before sending gestures of compassion and sympathy towards the Elite Eight as they walked through the archway leading towards the dimly-lit corridor beyond.

Before taking their leave, Molly, Remus, Sirius, and Tonks made sure to deliver their gentle touches of comfort to the Elite Eight; the Mother Weasley, despite her tear-dampened face, still giving them much appreciated hugs accompanied by swift kisses on their cheek; Remus smiling at all of them encouragingly, patting Cordon on the back, and embracing Isabelle for a long while, adding a kiss to the top of her head tenderly; Sirius nodding his head at them to show his immense respect, lingering his reverent gaze on Ace, and also hugging his goddaughter- tightly and lovingly while whispering, "You deserved the world, Isabelle. And after everything you've been through, you deserve a universe more", which made the redhead tear up all over again as she returned his embrace just as tightly, just as loving; and lastly, being the ever-spirited Metamorphmagus that she was, Tonks dives straight into the huddle of the Elite Eight, pulling all of them into a group embrace regardless if Mr. Cynic Pirtine detested it.

Despite her timid nature, Nebula gathers the nerve to walk up to the Elite Eight, praising them silently with a shy nod as she says, "I'll make sure to spare no effort. The world will know your truth", she reassures, "Is there... is there any part of your stories that you might want me to leave out? Details that might seem too personal to be publicized?", she asks, and the Elite Eight found themselves moved by her kind offer.

Swallowing his uneasiness, Cordon finds the will to speak. "C-can you... not include that part where I ravaged a deer?", he looks down at his feet, avoiding everyone else's gaze out of shame, "I don't... I don't want to give people more reason to... to label me as a monster", he whimpers, to which Triton, Ace, and Isabelle's immediate response was to affectionately lay their hands along his spine, just to remind him that they had his back. Until the very end.

To Cordon's surprise, he feels four more hands settling on his skin, and it filled him with so much gratitude and sense of belongingness to know that Elizabeth, Thomas, Atheina, and Thalia now had his back too.

No matter what happens- whether the world decides to shun Cordon after knowing his truth- he'll find some solace in the fact that his team, his family, still accepted him. Still loved him. Scars, and transformations, and all.

"You're not a monster, Cordon", Nebula tells him softly, eyes holding so much care and concern for not only him, but the other Elites as well, "If that'll make you more comfortable, sure. I'll leave it out", she says, "Anyone else?", she asks, her gaze traveling across each of them.

After two minutes of no one stepping up, Nebula bows her head slightly. "Alright", she begins to walk away, "I'll take my leave now".

But just before she could step through the archway, a broken and barely audible voice sounds-