Chapter 41

AUTHOR'S NOTE
This chapter took so damn long to revise!
So much drama lol.
___________________________

When Draco retreated into the Room of Requirement at midnight to get some rest after that long training session with Ace and Thalia, he arrived to the same view of the dark walls and the vibrant fireplace surrounded by couches that were blatantly ignored, if the red-haired girl sprawled comfortably on the carpet was anything to go by.

At the sound of the door creaking open, the head of messy scarlet locks perks up, eyes that resembled neatly-cut emeralds twinkling like two lone stars against the darkness as they stared at the tired blonde boy that trudged into the room.

Before he could collapse onto the nearest couch from exhaustion, slender and gentle arms wound around him to support his weight, struggling minimally to guide him toward the Victorian bed at the far right side of the room.

"You're drenched in sweat", the redhead tells him worriedly, sitting him down at the edge of the soft mattress and rushing over to the wardrobe beside the nightstand, filled with spare clothes they decided to store there for convenience.

Isabelle quickly takes out some pajamas, making a move to grab a black shirt with it, but remembering how often her boyfriend sleeps without one anyway. After snatching a towel from a compartment within the wardrobe, the redhead walks back to Draco, who was slouched over at the bed and just dying to lie down and rest already.

For a few moments, the girl is left to stand awkwardly in front of the drowsy-looking blonde, biting her bottom lip unsurely as she stares down at the pajama bottoms clasped tightly in her trembling hand.

With a blush decorating her cheeks, she hastily places the neatly-folded bottoms and towel on Draco's lap, avoiding his gaze when he stares up at her wonderingly.

"I'll... j-just...", she stammers like a fool, fidgeting with her fingers nervously as she stares at something interesting on the floor, "I... uh", she closes her eyes tightly, inhales deeply, and then, "I'll leave you to get changed!", she says so fast that Draco had to do a double take to figure out what she just said, the redhead already sprinting to the living room before she could even get the last word out.

Despite his fatigue, the blonde Malfoy heir couldn't help the chuckle that breaks through his lips at the embarrassment of his girlfriend that was not uncommon to him anymore. She always did get easily flustered over the smallest insinuation that might lead to deeper intimacy. Nevertheless, Draco always enjoys the way she becomes a blushing and stuttering mess when it came to those moments. It made him want to tease her even more.

He gathered the remaining amount of his strength and forced himself to wipe the sweat from his body using the towel before changing into the clothes that Isabelle handed him. Considering she only gave him some pajama bottoms, it shouldn't have taken much effort to get changed. However, the training session with his fellow Slytherins really did hit heavily, and his body still ached all over despite the simple task of just pulling the pants over his legs.

Eventually, he managed to pull the pajama bottoms all the way up and immediately collapsed backwards onto the soft mattress that just tempted him to travel to the world of sleep already.

"Are you done?", the voice of his lover called from the living room and he chuckled weakly, shifting on the bed to make room for her before answering.

"Yeah, all done", he said in that deep and husky voice that suggested he was already sleepy.

But when Isabelle adorably popped her head into the room with those big and innocent eyes, checking to see if he really was done getting dressed, he couldn't help but to chuckle again, patting the empty sheets beside him despite his drowsy eyes.