Chapter 5

Contrary to what happened on her first night at Hogwarts, Isabelle definitely slept well this time.

The redhead slightly groans as a few sun rays managed to escape between the curtains and hit her slumbering eyes. She holds a hand to block the brightness as she sat up on her bed. Looking at the clock on her nightstand, she wasn't surprised to see that it was three hours before classes began.

Typical... Even in Hogwarts, she was an unintentional early bird.

Isabelle knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. So, just like yesterday, she dressed into some running clothes and came down from her Gryffindor sanctuary to take a jog. And also just like the day prior, she met up with Ace just as he was climbing the stairs from the Slytherin dorms.

The two teens spent their morning just like the one before, running around the Quidditch pitch and sometimes hosting races against one another until their feet tired to numbness.

"What happened to Malfoy?", Isabelle asks once they finally rested on the Quidditch stands.

Ace took his time gulping down from a goblet he transfigured before he answered. "He's a fucking drama queen, honestly. Says everything hurt so badly even when we already fixed him up just fine. And Madam Pomfrey said his bones were in perfect shape. He's such an attention whore", he spits.

Isabelle laughs at Ace's obvious extreme dislike for the blonde Slytherin.

"So I reckon you're not friends with him at all then?", she jokes sarcastically to which Ace smirks in slight amusement.

"No. First time I met him, I immediately hated him. Seemed like the dramatic git type, you know? I have made friends in my house, though", he says.

"Oh really? Mr. Cynic managed to make friends? Do tell", Isabelle says.

"Very funny, Gryffindor. It's a House full of cynics, I fitted in just perfectly. As for my 'friends' or whatever you want to call them, they're not much of the 'standing out from the crowd' sort of people. One's a second year girl named Astoria Greengrass. She was a relief from the other girls who constantly chase me around like prey. Do you know what she first said to me?", Ace asks.

"What?"

"She said she didn't see what was so entrancing about me like the other girls do. Told me I was handsome but it didn't really drive her up the wall. I've been talking to her ever since. And the other one's named Blaise Zabini. He's friends with Malfoy, but he's not like him at all. He's so quiet and composed. He said he also liked my company more than Malfoy 'cause at least I wasn't a whiny little bitch", he says.

"Whiny little bitch?", Isabelle giggles.

"His words, not mine", Ace says with his hands up in feign surrender.

And when they finally regained their strength, they jogged back to Hogwarts and parted ways with a promise of seeing each other later.

"Isabelle!", Harry greets enthusiastically just as the mentioned redhead walked into the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Good morning, Harry", she greets before noticing the others, "And to everyone else as well".

"Where'd you go?", Hermione questions from her spot on the couch, several parchments scattered on the coffee table in front of her.

"As usual", the redhead shrugs as she sat beside her bushy-haired friend, "I went for a jog with Ace".

"The Slytherin bloke?", Ron asks.

"Yes, Ron, the Slytherin bloke", Isabelle repeats teasingly with a humorous roll of her eyes.

"You two seem pretty close", Harry drawls on, a teasing smirk on his face that makes Isabelle snort.