Chapter 21

As soon as they lifted the spell, Cordon and Triton were sent flying towards the opposite wall while Isabelle immediately sprinted towards the door to the Champions' chambers. Their backs collided painfully with the cement, and they landed roughly on the ground with a sickening crack.

Two people stood from the stand occupied by Slytherins, their movements quick and panicked.

The first one was Ace.

He immediately went to help Cordon and Triton, who were struggling with even the tiniest movement after such a nasty blow from an enraged Isabelle Potter.

The other was Draco.

He wasn't even thinking when he stood up. He just saw the panic and fear in those emerald eyes, and his body just moved on its own. His actions were so instinctual that he forgot they weren't in their safe haven, he forgot the impropriety of what he was about to do in front of the eyes of everyone around them.

Thankfully, Pansy stopped him before he could fully run after Isabelle.

"Draco", he looked at her, and he was annoyed at first, but noticing the many scrutinizing eyes that awaited his next move, he realized how ridiculous it would look for him- the Slytherin prince- to run after and comfort Isabelle Potter- the Gryffindor heroine.

He sighed and could do nothing but watch helplessly as Isabelle disappeared into the door that led into the Champions' chambers.

And he reminded himself of the tragic truth.

In the eyes of many, outside of the Room of Requirement, what they had was wrong.

___________________________

"Harry!"

He turned his back on the unwelcome stares he was receiving from Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor, and allowed himself to be engulfed by the warmth of his sister's embrace as she buried herself into his neck. He found solace in the tightness of her hug, and he fooled himself to believe that everything would be alright.

But he saw the group of dismayed people headed their way over Isabelle's shoulder, and he thought otherwise.

Isabelle stood protectively in front of Harry and growled at the incoming hostile company. They all halted and went silent, sensing the danger that came with her warning and feeling a chill crawling up their spines when her eyes flashed a sinister green.

If anyone were to approach Harry the wrong way, all hell would break loose.

The tension was thick in the chamber for a long time before someone had the courage to step forward.

It was Dumbledore.

And sensing no hostility in the way he walked towards Harry, Isabelle's eyes returned to their normal hue, and she stepped aside to allow the Headmaster to converse with her brother.

"Harry"

He looked up into those bright and wise eyes that always made him think of how Dumbledore must have had all the knowledge of the years . He found comfort in the warmth in his eyes, and he felt relaxed despite the intensity of the situation.

"Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?", he asked calmly, and Harry found serenity in his voice.

There was no ounce of hesitation in his answer as he looked straight into his Headmaster's eyes that could uncover any lie on the spot. "No, sir", he said, "I didn't put my name in that goblet".