Chapter 25

"Cordon, it's me"

The werewolf still growled, fangs bared and claws drawn to attack.

"Isabelle", Triton coughed, struggling to free his foot from under the tree that had been thrown at him moments ago, "Get away from him!".

"It's me... Cordon, I'm your friend"

"Isabelle, listen to us!", Ace shouted, crawling towards her, willing himself to get back on his feet.

"I won't ever hurt you, Cordon"

It happened so fast.

A long and painful howl.
The swipe of claws on her stomach.
The impact as her back hit the tree.

And the image she remembered most; the sight of the wooden stake running through her stomach, the feeling of her own blood gushing down her legs, and the numbness that followed the haziness of her vision.

The last thing she remembered was the scream that ripped through Ace's throat.

"Isabelle!!!"

And then it all went black.

__________

A bright blue glow.

A dark graveyard.

The tombstone.

"Kill the spare"

A flash of green similar to the color of her irises.

"Cedric!"

A bubbling cauldron.

"The Dark Lord"

A drop of blood.

"Shall rise"

Harry's scar.

"Again"

My scar.

The image of Voldemort smiled sinisterly and hissed;

"Isssabelle"

___________________________

The scream got stuck in her throat as she bolted up from bed, sweat drenching her body and eyes looking around her frantically, not recognizing where she was. Her breaths were panicked and shallow as she took in the darkness, the coldness, and the silence that surrounded her, making her feel like she was confined in a very tight space.

"Isabelle?"

Her wide eyes shifted to her right, seeing a dark figure through her blurry vision, and her breaths became more panicked.

"Isabelle, relax"

She closed her eyes. The hissing sound still lingered on her ears, but she forced her mind to focus only on the slowing beats of her heart.