Eli || Chapter One

"And there's one more boy, he's from my pastWe fell in love but it didn't last"•All i want ~ Olivia Rodrigo•

We fell in love but it didn't last"
•All i want ~ Olivia Rodrigo•

A month. A month if that even. Your Father was one of the most amazing people life ever gave to stick by you. One of the only people really. You loved him, you did, but him being responsible for the time lost with some of the closest people, you couldn't help but feel the anger behind your deep loved manner. A year in fact it had been, no wonder you never heard back from the friends you called home. They probably thought you had a new life, a new path to follow. But for a matter of fact they where far from the truth.

You see, being a 16 year old girl in the middle of a complex parental feud wasn't the best things to have happened in ones life. With your dad constantly fighting your side, he finally gained full custody meaning you could live your life without the fear of your abusing mother coming back just take you away again. Your dad moved you across state so that fighting your court case would be a much less complicated process, but now thinking about it, life in Reseda was far more simpler before. Yes many people had it worse, but also many people had others to rely on in a time as such. When you, well you had no one. Not any more anyways.

You could picture the day, right as rain. Clouds painted just above the setting sun, the small grains of sand between the cracks of your toes, and him. Eli. It was one of your last nights there in Reseda and you and him where inseparable. The classic Friday pizza night to staying up till 3am watching annoyingly funny star wars memes, you never spent a moment away from one another, and you loved it that way. Why it had come to this, who new. Why you couldn't just stay with him, or even another was yesterday's mystery.

The beach was your favourite place to go with Eli. Maybe it was because of the gentle spring sun rays of the day that brought energy to your finger tips reminded you of when your skin first touched his. Or maybe because the rhythmic percussion of the deep waves on sand reminded you of his blue fired eyes. But when you told him you were having to move away, the light in those eyes had soon shifted.

Eli used to be your friend. He was your rock. Your everything. He was your first crush, your first kiss and your first heartbreak.

And that's the most painful thing.

There is an upside to this story though. But you had to admit, you where a little nervous. After the long hard year away, you where coming back. Just you and your good old dad, through thick and thin. Even after all of that complicated struggle with your mom, you where happy, for once in your life you where happy. You where coming home, father by your side and problems from the past surely long gone. 'The only way is up' they say.

Eli ☺️

Heyyy how are you?!