Rooftop || Chapter Tweleve

'Are we too young for this? Feels like I can't move'•Softcore - The neighbourhood•

•Softcore - The neighbourhood•

It took you a while to actually come to terms with what the night had to bring. It ashamed you that you couldn't find yourself to tell your dad what exactly had occurred between you and Eli. But it also ashamed you at the fact your little heart was beating ever so quickly in your chest. You where nervous. You could never think of one possible situation where you were ever this nervous to go have your dinner at your best friends house.

But here you were, walking up the narrow driveway hot on your dads heals to the front of their door. You where greeted by the lovely smile belonging to Mrs Moscowitz, a warm smell of cookies beginning to follow. She squealed at the sight of you and your farther, a bouquet of flowers dancing openly in his hand. "Oh my goodness! What do I have the pleasure of seeing you guys here again!" She exclaimed, bringing your dad into a tight hug before doing the same to you.

"Hi Su, how've you all been?" Your dad asks, handing the flowers to her before stepping into the house, you quietly following.

"We've been okay actually Eli's dads been away quite for quite a while though. It's a shame that he's not here to see you today really." She frowned a little, you could tell how much it not only effected her but Eli too. Even though he wasn't here to show his perspective of things you knew that of course it would have an effect on him mentally. But her frown didn't last long as she adverted her attention towards you. "Oh my! Look at you Alex! You are so gorgeous and all grown up." She smiles, cheeks gushing as her smile only grew wider as she sees the small blush creep upon your face. "Oh i almost forgot. Where's Eli, he must want to see you!" She exclaims.

However, right before she could shout upstairs towards the boy, you interrupt. "Oh no, i'm sure he's fine upstairs. I mean he sees me at school anyways so it's no big deal." You give a convincing smile, hoping she'd move onto the next topic but before she could she talks again.

"Oh there he is." Eli comes bounding down the stairs, hands in his pockets and shirt half in tucked. His hair was down, forming red curtains at the front of his face and you could smell the familiar scent of him from a mile away. You couldn't believe you where thinking it but he looked good. Like good to the point it was ever so hard to even think straight and the room began to heat up ever so slightly. "Don't you think she looks beautiful Eli!" She asks, hoping for the answer to just roll of his tongue just like that.

Instead, it took him a while to form the sentence he was looking for, his eyes flickered from you to your dad to his mom and then back towards the floor below him."Oh - uh yeah. You look really pretty." He blurted half heartedly, sending a tight lipped smile your way, not really knowing yourself if he meant it or not.

"Just like your mother." She said clasping her hands together before realising what had actually just slipped her mouth.

"Mom!" Eli shouted, a somewhat fearful expression fogging his features. You hadn't as much as comprehended the last few words of his mother's, any word about your mom went in one ear and came out the other a few seconds later. You where numb to the topic. You didn't get upset nor even loose your cool, you simply just stayed silent - staring too at the empty floor.