Like fire and water || Chapter Twenty Three

"Cause I'll love you over and over again

"Cause I'll love you over and over again."
•Over and Over again ~ Nathan Sykes•

(lol if ur playing the song do it later on in the story hehe)

From where you were sat, it was nothing special from what it was described. Thriving, jumping, dancing was soon just replaced with the sounds of bleeps from each phone one to one. The party hadn't really started yet, not while the only surrounding kids where the ones not to choose and make conversation. They were waiting on the kids who did know how to party. Break some rules a little bit. And in all honesty you were too. You were ready to let a little loose and have some fun. But you guessed that would only have to come with another thoughtful consequence.

Fully well thinking they'd come later, instead coming right now. Strutting through the doors like they owned the goddamn place was the only thing they had pure talent in. Well, that's if Karate already wasn't one of them. They where cobra kai. Once a forgotten history, now what everybody seemed to have on there minds. From what you had been updated on the subject, the place was evil. You thought of it that way even if you knew fully well Eli was their head boy. But he seemed to not be showing his divided face so soon.

"Ayyyyee Miguel. My man, we've missed you. No wayy! Hitting on two girls instead of the one, okay, okay I see you." The boy you could only remember as a strangers face in a crowd spoke up from the line that entered, choosing to speak to the dark haired boy first. Miguel sat straight, a slight offence rising to take a hint on his face.

"Excuse me?" The table consisted of the three of you but only two seemed to choose and listen. That being you and Miguel. And only you choosing to speak up an aggravated word and defend for Miguel before even himself could thin straight.

"Tanner, come on. Not tonight okay?" He tried to reason, thankfully getting across to the gang stood before your small group. The guy nodded, patting him on the shoulder before leaving, letting the swarm of boys follow his every move over to a crowd of other girls.

But still managing to catch the last of the burning out conversation between the two at the back of the chain. "I wouldn't be surprised, I mean, that's what the whole school fight fiasco was about wasn't it?"

You huffed out, looking to Miguel only to gather the clear message he had heard just as much as you did. You felt horrible. Knowing Miguel had to go through all of that just to still get dirt for it to this day. You wanted to make it better, offer him a drink, even a dance but remembering his date and your incapability to dance - you decided against it all. Only leaving the table to drown back through the awkward watering silence.

This time Sam was the one to speak up out of the deep blue. "Miggy, come on. Don't let them get to you, they are just jealous you aren't back on the team to make them look good." She smiled lightly, reaching her hands over to massage the tense that rose in his shoulders from distress. "Here," She said quickly snapping her hand to his front, wating for him to hold out and grab it. "Take my hand kind sir, and we shall dance our worries away." She giggled, smiling from you to Miguel until he finally caved in to be turned towards the dance floor.