Glass || Chapter Eight

'Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing'•Somebody that I used to know ~ Gotye•

•Somebody that I used to know ~ Gotye•

Through every little thing you and Eli had been through he had never felt this scared in his whole life. Not even during his operations was he ever this scared because back then he had you by his side. But now the only you he had was the one out cold in his arms. But the constant motivation to fight was keeping him from letting his guard down.

He fought through the chanting sea, using one of his hands to protect your head. He burst through the doors of the school, searching the car park to find where he'd parked that morning. His mind was going haywire, high on adrenaline while fighting but angry knots formed when he saw what had happened to you. He blamed himself for that. He blamed himself because if he hadn't have left in the first place you wouldn't have been chasing after him, telling him to stop. But the torture he had put himself through, the torture he blamed you for when you first left, still teased him, eating him away from the inside like guilt. Why was he saving you if he was still mad?

He placed you down, sprawled about along the back seats of his car, taking off his hoodie just to scrunch it up in a pillow like manner to place underneath your head. For a moment, when he looked at you, really looked at you, all was calm around. Everything he worried about was told okay because the beauty in your resting face brought him comfort and all the confidence he would need to finish what he started. "I'll be back soon." He whispered, stroking a lock of hair behind your ear before shutting the door softly.

He ran back into the burning chaos, now the fighting moved to the staircase. Robby and Miguel on one floor and Sam and the Tory on another. Hawk ran up the other way as soon as he spotted the boy he wanted, scooting past the many lockers and doors till he got to the top. Demitri's only way out of this one was to start running as he always did but hawk was hot on his heals, spinning Demitri around to face him as he sent sets of punches to his face. Surprisingly, Demitri blocked the most of them. Causing not only hawk but himself too to act out in shock, only growing Demitri's confidence to go in for a kick. "No hard feelings?"

And with that, Demitri did what Hawk had coming all along. He had no sense of direction to where this kick was going but he did so anyways, sending Eli back first into a glass trophy case. "Sorry... Eli."

The pain hadn't really gotten to him at first, more shock, no anger, if anything. Angry that he had let the guy he expected nothing from get him on the ground so easily. And as the laughs surrounded him from the overhead viewers, he was consumed with more and more humiliation and he was battling himself because of it. "Fuck this, I let him beat me anyways." He shouts, getting up and shaking himself off as he threw his hands into the air. Even though he knew his words wasn't true, the other students seemed to believe him, and if that's what had to be done to keep his status on top - so be it.

The boys and girls where still fighting but the scenes had become much worse. Sam was holding her arm tightly as if to stop blood from leaking and Tory was on the other side of the staircase holding her head. Then rummaging through the students to see Robby and Miguel still going strong at it. But sadly it seemed that Robby was winning, Miguel weakening, barely managing to carry on blocking the strikes towards him. That's until he didn't.