- Chapter 4 -

It's Sunday evening, I've managed to waste away a weekend due to my nightmare of a hangover

It's Sunday evening, I've managed to waste away a weekend due to my nightmare of a hangover. Usually, my lack of effort to leave the bed is a result of having nothing to look forward to once I leave. However, this weekend, I've spent the entirety of it in bed because if I dare move unless It's to run to the toilet, I feel as though I've been boxed in the head by King Kong.

Hopefully with age comes a clear cure on how to deal with hangovers otherwise I'm doomed.

Being perfect in every way Eden never has to deal with hangovers, maybe a mild headache that is gone within a few hours of waking up. On a positive note, where Jocelyn and I suffer, Eden takes on a motherly role and feeds us while we recover. Yesterday I only managed to eat half of the sandwich that she made me. After declining all her other food offers as I couldn't stomach anything, we compromised on a chicken sandwich. I can smell the dinner Eden is preparing in the kitchen, this evening she is making spaghetti bolognese.

The apartment the three of us share is the perfect first home, the size is not too big, it's small and cosy, very homey.

The view from the window at the end of the corridor is amazing, below us on the other side of the road is a park that is scattered with different trees that help reflect each season that goes by.

We moved in just over three months ago. Luckily for us, all the bedrooms were the same size therefore no catfights over who gets the bigger room broke out. My bedroom is the closest to the kitchen and living room, which is all one open space. Next door to me is the bathroom, whereas Eden and Jocelyn's rooms are opposite mine.

We all had different reasons behind wanting to live off-campus for the rest of college, It was the best decision for all three of us. I have to admit I was slightly worried we would end up hating each other by the second week as we're so different from one another. Honestly, reflecting on it, I truly believe the reason we haven't killed one another or why our friendship works so well is because we are so different. However, we're still one and the same, we all have different perspectives, interest, styles but the one thing we share is our values which is always an important foundation to base any relationship on whether it be romantic or platonic.

The first week we moved in, we managed to unpack most of the boxes but I had to go home for my parent's wedding anniversary and Jocelyn had a family emergency. We were both away for no longer than a week, on our return we came home to a fully furnished and decorated apartment. Eden did an amazing job. Maybe a few too many plants for my liking but she promised to take leadership over keeping them alive so I quickly moved past the sole critic I had.

Eden calls for us to sit at the table for our dinner, I manage to drag myself out of bed, slowly pacing my walk to the kitchen, any quick movement will only send me to the bathroom. I'm greeted by the little three-person table that is placed in front of our front door, in-between the kitchen and living room, beautifully set with our Christmas napkins despite it being late September.

"We're out of kitchen roll." Eden states, clearly my facial expression towards the Christmas napkins was not as subtly as I thought.

"Where is that blue-haired punk." Eden scolds. I just shrug my shoulders and dig into my dinner, thanking Eden while twirling my fork through the spaghetti. I don't think she heard me though as she is currently storming towards Jocelyn's bedroom, which is furthest up the corridor.

"Get out of bed, NOW!" Eden Shouts. I hear a struggle, that I presume is Jocelyn trying to fight off Eden. After a few screams and the sound of a pillow hitting someone, they both emerge from Jocelyn's room.

Eden leads, with a huge grin plastered across her face, while, Jocelyn follows behind, dragging her feet and groaning the whole time before reaching the table, slumping onto the chair.

I thought I looked like hell, Jocelyn's light blue hair alone screams for a shower, where she had a high ponytail on Friday night, she is now left with a nest of hair hanging onto dear life on the right side of her head.

She shoots me a glare as if to say don't say a word. I equally shoot her the same look as I'm wearing the same crop top from Friday, just paired with pyjamas bottoms instead of the skirt I had been wearing and I'm still sporting the makeup from Friday too.

We enjoy dinner reminiscing about Friday night, when we're finished I wash up then head back into bed to do a few hours of studying that I intended to do this weekend.

I only manage to spend an hour revising before I lose all concentration, so I decide to watch a classic film, Romeo and Juliet, the 1996 version on my laptop. I know a lot of people don't like the film as it was set in modern times although they continued to speak in Shakespearean. I don't mind it, I've watched it so many times that I'm not particularly fazed by it anymore.

.....

*Phone buzz*

"Shit." I mumble. I must have fallen asleep. I fumble around to turn my side lamp on to find my phone that for the second time this weekend has disappeared. For some reason, my phone has a habit of getting lost in my sheets.

I look at the notifications filling the screen. Eden has tagged me in a photo, I have a message from my friend Brody and a missed call from an unknown number.

Brody and I are both majoring in Business Administration. I latched onto him in the first year of college and never let go, thankfully neither did he.

I reply to Brody's text confirming I will meet him for our usual Monday morning ritual of meeting at the coffee house before our first lecture starts.

The time is only 8:34 pm. I quietly creep into the kitchen to grab a banana and a glass of water, before returning to bed to finish the rest of the movie.

I have to admit my favourite scene has always been the scene where they meet at the party in the bathroom, a little unconventional in terms of romance yet, I love it. The way they fell in love immediately after seeing each other, I wonder if that exists in real life, falling in love at first sight.

It doesn't seem realistic the whole idea of falling in love with someone without knowing anything about them. Is it shallow to fall in love with someone's appearance first?

At the same time, it can be quite an exciting thing, spending the beginning part getting to know one another, learning new things is always exciting especially when it's learning something about a person you really like.

Once the movie is finished I set the ten alarms I hope will be enough to wake me in the morning. I have a busy week ahead.

Hello! I just want to say a massive thank you for reading this story, I have so much planned and I really hope you continue to enjoy the read.