- Chapter 19 -

We arrive outside Bruno's Place for my birthday dinner

We arrive outside Bruno's Place for my birthday dinner. It looks as though the restaurant isn't even open, there are no lights on from inside and no sign of any customers. I stay put as Eden and Jocelyn walk towards the entrance door. I contemplate walking up to the glass window to look in, I take a step forward then stop. What if there are people inside and I make a fool out of myself by pressing up against the window for a better look. I open my mouth to ask what's going on but a weird noise is all that manages to come out as I stare ahead at the empty restaurant.

Jocelyn and Eden simultaneously look back at me, gesturing for me to go in first. Brody sent a text while we were on the way in the cab to go in without him as he's running late. I don't think much of it, maybe there's a blackout, I walk past the two of them and open the door.

"SURPRISE!"

I'm greeted by the lights being switched back on and popper canons being set off. I squirm, putting my hands over my face.

"Surprise Sienna." Eden giggles into my ear, whereas Jocelyn wraps her arms around my waist, guiding me forward into the crowd that has gathered around us.

I let a few seconds after the last canon is set off to pass before I remove my hands from my face. The warmth from the blood rushing to my face is making me feel slightly giddy as I take in the decorations and all people surrounding me.

White streamers hang on all four walls of the restaurant. Each corner of Bruno's has a bundle of lilac, pastel pink and white balloons. Surprisingly, it only clashes with the pastel yellow walls of the interior slightly. But lilac and pastel pink are my favourite colours so I don't mind. My '2' and '0' balloons have been placed next to a bundle in the far corner by the bar. I was hesitant when Jocelyn and Eden insisted on bringing along my '20' balloons due to my fears of receiving unwanted attention from other customers. I'm glad I let them win that battle otherwise I would have felt so guilty now knowing why they insisted on bringing it if we had left them behind.

The tables have been pushed towards the walls creating space in the centre of the restaurant, which I hope will be the dance floor. I spot Liam's speakers on the countertop which makes me believe it will be.

Both six-seater tables have been pushed together to make one long table that has a white table cover and more food than I could have imagined laid out on top of it.

I can't believe they are throwing me a surprise party; I had no idea. The manager Mr Alton and his wife are the first to wish me a happy birthday, followed by a lengthy hug from Mrs Alton.

Brody is next to wish me a happy birthday, passing me a gift bag with a huge envelope sticking out of it.

Liam shouts happy birthday, standing with his arm around Jocelyn. Jeffery offers me a smile and a nod, which I'll happily take.

Drew and Clemintine shout happy birthday from behind the bar, each of them adding pre-made cocktails onto the countertop.

"Happy birthday Sienna." His voice keeps me still. I can only manage to drown out the sound of everyone around us instead of my heart that's almost beating out of my chest. How can his voice send butterflies through me, so effortlessly?