NINETEEN.

CAMERON OWENS

Sunlight peaked through the curtains and into my eyes

I didn't want anything more than to just go home and hoop or play the game. It was my distraction from reality, and I was not fucking with the world right now.

I tried to stretch but felt somebody's arm and leg tangled into mines.

Maliyah's.

I don't know how someone can get in my head this much, but she did. She was winning. And I didn't like that.

I didn't want to accept the fact that I was beginning to develop feelings for her, which meant I can't treat her the way I treat Naomi or any of my past fuck buddies.

I had to open up and actually explain shit about my life? I'll pass. She'll live being just my neighbor.

I can keep my dick in my pants.

I looked at her. She had dried up drool on the side of her face but still looked cute. I rubbed my eyes, took a deep breath, and removed myself from her grasp.

I scurried around, first heading into the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. I took a brisk shower, packing up my soap and shit.

I didn't even know what time it was, but I packed my belongings together and got dressed. I left the room key on the nightstand near Maliyah and left.

I had to dip before she wakes up. Falling asleep together is ten times worse than falling asleep on the phone.

On my way down to the lobby, I found my phone and texted Levi.

levi
iMessage
11:31 AM

you up bitch?

Yea foo where you at

do me a favor and drop off maliyah for me

Where you going? Thought we was riding together.

handling sum

You good bro?

yea im straight

Love you

weird ass nigga

I chuckled and put my phone back in my pocket. Levi knew me. He knew I didn't like being bothered after a night like last night. If I say I'm good then I'll be good.

I headed towards the continental breakfast.  I loved hotel breakfast. There was nothing better than going on tournaments with your team and winning a game that night and storming a breakfast hall that morning.