FORTY & TWO.

MALIYAH TIJJANI.

"Bilal this isn't our building

"Bilal this isn't our building..." I said as he opened my driver-side door for me. He sent me an address and told me to meet him here at 7, and I complied. I looked up into the sky-high complex with confusion.

"Je sais ma puce, tu n'aimes pas?" he asked. I know sweetie, you don't like it?

"Nah it's completely beautiful, however, this isn't the building I've been visiting. This wasn't the construction plan-"

"Putain Maliyah, respirée sil te plaît," he chuckled as we walked into the lobby. Fuck Maliyah, breathe, please.

"Je n'aime pas les surprises," I groaned. I don't like surprises. "I like to be aware of what I'm walking into Bilal,"

We had a quick meeting to discuss last-minute arrangements for tomorrow's ceremony, and now he said he had something to show me, in regards to our building.

But this wasn't it. I've been there countless times during the construction period and this was not it.

Plus, Athena was hosting a dinner at 9 PM that I couldn't be late for. She said it was important, and it had to be because Athena never plans events like this.

I didn't want to say Bilal's fine ass was wasting my time, but the temptation grew stronger and my resistance grew weaker every second I was with him.

We were greeted by the receptionist, who seemed to already know Bilal. She smiled extra hard at us both as we passed by, and Bilal winked at her. We walked into the elevator, and Bilal pressed the top floor, followed by a passcode.

"Le mot de passe est ton anniversaire, but you can change it later," he whispered in my ear. The password is your birthday.

His deep voice and cold breath sent chills down my back.

CAMERON CAMERON CAMERON

I quickly stepped aside and nodded.

"Pour quoi mon anniversaire?" I asked as the elevator escalated up. Why my birthday?

"You'll see," he said as the elevator chimed, and the stainless steel doors opened.

Holy shit.

My eyes grew as I was welcomed by a stunning penthouse, with the living room overlooking into the sparkling kitchen.

The tiles were a glistening nude, which matched the cabinets with black accents and stainless steel appliances.

Snow white stools were present at the kitchen's island, with a mini pot with fresh flowers sat. There was a strip light underneath as well, creating a floating effect.

"Come, feel free to look around," Bilal said, guiding me into the apartment.

I figured it was just another showing for a future client, so I followed.