FIFTY & FOUR.

Elijah Turner.
That Night.

"Honesty calm down

"Honesty calm down. What you mean your water just broke?" I asked.

"WHAT YOU MEAN "WHAT I MEAN?" ELIJAH YOU SO MOTHERFUCKING STUPID! COME FUCKING GET ME!" she screamed through the speakerphone.

"You sure it aint just pee baby?"

"Elijah you got one more motherfuckin' time to ask me a stupid motherfuckin' question, oooooh I swear to Go-" she gritted.

"Can't you just hold the twins in for one more day?"

"ELIJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm all the way in Galveston handling business baby, I won't make it in time," I said, switching lanes. I knew I wasn't going to make it back to Houston until several hours later.

I really needed her to keep those babies in, because I don't want to miss the birth of my children.

We weren't together, but I felt a little glad she still decided to call me.

Picking her up was still impossible though. I was already an hour away with Cameron and Demetrius, one of my boys. Demetrius has been working for me for a while now. I knew he was loyal and wouldn't disobey me for nothing. Cameron insisted on coming with me, saying he wasn't going to let me go alone. Either he was coming with me or he was going on his own, and knowing Cameron, he wasn't bullshitting.

"ELIJAH ON GOD I AM NEVER GOING TO FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS! YOU NEVER SEEING YOUR KIDS!" she exploded, hanging up the phone immediately after.

Damn.

She ain't mean that.

"Bro you so down bad," Demetrius snickered, shaking his head. I shrugged.

I looked up at Cameron, who was sitting in the back, through the rearview mirror. He glared at me. He was still a little pissed off at me for going MIA, but he came around. I told him I was working on making sure Maliyah is safe, which I was.

I didn't want to tell him too much, because I was lowkey worried that the feds would interfere too. They have been hot, investigating Maliyah just as much as I have. The less Cam knew, the better. He couldn't get caught up with the police.

That boy was smart, and it would mess up his reputation.

I also told him it was for the greater good. I couldn't give him a solid explanation, because I didn't want Cam finding about my Pops either. He's in serious tax trouble, and I got a solution to get him out of it.

I was gone handling business that would make everybody happy. Collecting information and handling important business. That's all that matters. I got my reasons for doing what I do, and I don't need to justify myself to anybody.

"Honesty is bringing life into this world. We need to go worry about Maliyah's, who might lose hers," I calmly said.

"She not gon lose shit," Cameron objected. I nodded in response and continued driving.