𝟑: 𝐆𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

After spending the entire afternoon trying to figure things out with Tony, Cassie left the Stark home with little to no new information. All she knew now was that she was born Cassandra Marie Thompson on February 24th, 1970 to George Thompson and Marie Wilson. Both parents died in an unexplained car accident in the year of 1991. Soon after that, Cassie volunteered to be the subject of the super soldier experiment being done by Stark Industries. Which was soon labeled PROJECT CMT. There was no motive known and that was all that they could piece together. Which to Cassandra was barely any new information.

As Cassie laid in bed looking up at the ceiling above her her phone started singing. She reached for it and saw Natasha's contact. Cassie answered the phone with a sigh and she heard chattering from the other line.

"Get to the General Hospital, Fury's been shot." She simply said as the call came to an end and Cassie quickly sat up in bed and with no hesitation made her way over.

Her entire way over Cassie's last conversation with Fury was flowing through her mind. She cursed at herself for being on these terms during these times. Fury had become someone important to her due to the fact that he was the one that brought her to S.H.I.E.L.D. He gave her a life after not seeming to remember her entire past.

Cassie quickly made her way through the hospital halls. With the help of some nurses she quickly came to a stop in front of a glass window that was keeping them from the doctors operating on Nick Fury. She stood there with Steve, Natasha, and Maria Hill.

"Is he gonna make it?" Cassie quickly asked as she had her eyes on an unconscious Fury.

"We don't know." Steve said softly as Cassie swallowed a lump in her throat.

"Any information about the shooter?" Cassie quickly asked as she turned her full attention to Steve leaving Natasha behind her.

"Well he's fast. Strong." Steve responded not taking his eyes off of Fury. "Had a metal arm." He added turning his attention over to Cassie as she simply looked back over at Fury.

"Ballistics?" Nat asked Maria Hill who was standing beside her.

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Maria Hill quickly responded, getting Cassie's attention as she kept her eyes on Fury.

"Soviet-made." Both her and Nat said at the same time getting Maria Hill to look over at the two.

From inside the operating room the Doctors started moving around quickly. Cassie's eyes averted over to the scanners and saw how he was starting to flatline. She quickly brought her hand up in front of her and shook her head.

"Come on, don't leave me like this Nicholas." Cassie whispered to herself as she brought her hand up to her lips to try and keep away any tears.

After what seemed like forever the Doctor's pulled away from Nick as they failed to revive him. His body was soon covered and transported over to a different room. Cassie felt a pair of arms wrapped around her shoulder yet she quickly shrugged herself from them. When she saw who they belonged to she was met by a worried Steve.

She simply didn't say a word and quickly walked out of the room. She walked out towards the nearest exit and when she reached outside she quickly balled up her fist and threw a bunch at a nearby tree. With the strength she had she created a hole in the tree. She was utterly frustrated yet she didn't know how or what to feel. People like Fury, Nat, Tony, and just any Avenger in general had become her family. They filled in the shoes of the family she couldn't even remember. And just now she had lost one of them.