𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫

The three made it to Sam Wilson's home seeking refuge. He kindly agreed and the trio quickly entered. Sam offered the girls some spare clothes, he didn't even have anything to fit Steve so he didn't even bother looking. Natasha went into the bathroom showered and came back while Cassie did the same. Steve simply ran his hands through the water coming from the sink and splashed some water onto his face. After getting cleaned up the three met Sam at the table to eat breakfast.

"So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked as they finished up their breakfast.

"Pierce." Steve said as he leaned back in his seat.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Cassie said with a sigh as she drank the last bit of orange juice she had in her cup.

"But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve said, shaking his head.

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat said getting Cassie and Steve to look over at her in recognition.

"So, the real question is, how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Steve said, looking over at Sam as Cassie stood up to take her plate towards the sink.

"The answer is, you don't." Sam said, placing a file on the table in front of Steve.

"What's this?" Steve quickly asked as he reached for the file.

"Call is a resume." Sam quickly said as Cassie finished washing her plate and quickly made her way over to the two that were taking a look at the file.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid mission, that was you?" Natasha said as she took one sheet in hand.

"You didn't say he was a Pararescue." Natasha said as Cassie remained silent scanned over the sheets.

"Is this Riley?" Steve asked Sam, getting a simple yeah from him.

Cassie blocked the rest of that conversation out and simply excused herself and walked into the room she was previously in. She took a seat on the bed and brought her head to her hands. The image of her father kept replaying in her head. Cassie simply wanted for her memories to come back so that she could stop feeling this way. She felt lost and hopeless, because she remembered nothing.

"You okay?" Steve said from the doorframe as he saw Cassie sitting on the bed with her face buried into her hands.

"Uh yeah, just needed a minute." She said with a small smile as Steve came to sit beside her on the bed.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked as the two looked at the blank wall in front of them.

Cassie remained silent and simply shook her head. Yet after a moment she brought her eyes down to her hands and simply sighed.

"My father..." She said as she looked over at Steve. "I saw him among those archives that Zola showed us." She added as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Ever since I was taken out of that chamber I've been trying to piece everything together. Whenever I search for answers I get nothing in return. I've searched for at least images of my parents but nothing, images of myself as a child but find nothing. Now that I saw my father in that news article, I don't know how to feel." Cassie said as Steve simply nodded.