𝟐𝟏: 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲

Cassie was in a transportation vehicle when she gained consciousness. She shifted in her seat as she removed her head from its leaning position on the window. She looked down and saw how she had a set of handcuffs still on her hand.

"Tony authorized for you to remain restricted." She heard Steve say from beside her, getting her to look over at him.

"Said you would attempt to escape." Sam said getting Cassie to scoff at the slight headache she had.

Cassie got a small glance at Sam who was sitting behind him. She then brought her attention back to the front and noticed who was sitting in front of them.

"Prince T'Challa." Cassie said softly as she brought her hand up to rub her temple.

"I really wish we would've met again in different circumstances, Ms. Thompson." T'Challa said without even looking back at her.

"Your suit... it's vibranium?" Steve said from beside Cassie getting T'Challa to side eye him.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father... I also wear the mantle of king." T'Challa said, bringing his attention back to the front.

"So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" He added looking back at Steve getting him to tense up as the vehicle drove under a tunnel.

Cassie simply closed her eyes and sighed. She felt like her head was throbbing therefore she kept rubbing her temple. The handcuffs clashed against the metal seat in which T'Challa was sitting in. Steve reached his hand out and placed it on the super soldier's thigh. He rubbed it slightly and got her to look at him.

In a short period of time they arrived at their destination. They drove into the building's parking lot and Cassie was helped out by one of the guards. As they got off, her and Steve caught a glance of the box Bucky was being taken away in.

"Could I get these things off of me?" Cassie asked one of the guards that simply looked over at someone for approval before removing the handcuffs.

Once the metallic cuffs were taken off of her she rubbed her wrists. She bawled her fist up and for some reason she felt weak. Her entire body felt like it was going through a withdrawal and she knew the tranquilizer she was given had something to do with it.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked as the four made their way over to the one's in charge.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." A man in a gray suit said as he stood with Sharon at his side.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon said, getting Cassie to roll her eyes.

"What is it with these 'Ross'." Cassie whispered to Sam as she took note of the last name.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked from the other side of Cassie.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt." Everett said, keeping his eyes from Cassie to Steve.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam said as they started walking behind Everett and Sharon into the building.