𝟏𝟔: 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

It had been a couple of months after the whole Ultron ordeal. Cassie had taken some time off as she went on a path to find people who knew her parents. From what she remembered her mother had a sister, Amelia Davis. She would now be in her early 60 because her mother was 10 years older than her. Amelia married a man at an early age and soon took the name of Amelia Carter.

UPSTATE NEW YORK

Cassie found herself in front of a home as hard rain poured down. She felt her palms grow sweaty as she stood in front of the door about to knock. She looked down at the piece of paper in her hand that read, Amelia Carter and her current address.

She took a deep breath and knocked gently four times before taking a step back with a sigh. She brought her hand into the pocket of her jacket as she turned to the side and saw a dog bed. A smile came up onto her when she saw the name, Speedy.

The door opening brought the nerves back into her body when she saw a woman that could be in her 40s open the door. The woman froze when she saw Cassie as if she knew who she was. Cassie simply sent her a smile not having any clue if this was the woman she was looking for.

"Is this Amelia's home?" Cassie asked as she took the hoodie from her head.

"Cassandra?" A voice from inside made both females turn their heads to the inside of the home. "Cassie, is that you?" The tired old voice said as the woman standing at the door simply moved to the side and invited Cassie in.

When Cassie entered the home she saw all of the pictures in the walls. She saw the man and the woman from her visions in multiple of those pictures. This let her know that she was in the correct place.

"Cassandra?" A woman called out softly from the room near the main room.

Cassie followed the voice and when she entered the room she came upon an elderly woman laying in a bed with white sheets covering most of her body. A smile and a couple tears came onto the older woman's face.

"Oh, you look exactly the same." Amelia said as she laid in bed with her watery eyes looking up at the girl standing at the door.

"Take a seat." The woman that had opened the door said as she also walked into the room and offered Cassie a chair.

"Thank you." Cassie said as she took a seat beside Amelia.

"I'm Lily." The woman said as she sent Cassie a smile and walked over to stand on the other side of Amelia's bed.

"God, you still look like your mother." Amelia said from where she laid as she kept her eyes on Cassie. "I thought you died that night as well, up until recently." She said getting Cassie to furrow her eyebrows.

"The night of the accident?" Cassie asked as Amelia reached to grab her hand.

"My husband and I searched for answers but authorities simply told us the three of you had passed." Amelia said as she sat up in her bed.

The sudden movement caused Cassie to look over at her body. She caught a sudden look down at her legs and saw how only one was outlined by the sheets. She quickly brought her eyes back to Amelia's face to not make her uncomfortable.