𝟐𝟑: 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐞

SIBERIA

Once they arrived at the abandoned facility they all cautiously stepped out. The three super soldiers kept their heads on a swivel to make sure they were neither followed, or being walked into a trap.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours." Cassie said as she looked around and noticed the open door.

"That's long enough to wake them up." Bucky said as Steve took cautious steps towards the door.

The three walked in with Steve leading the two and Cassie following shortly behind. While Bucky stayed back with his gun up in front of him watching their backs. They came upon an elevator and as they rode down Cassie brought her gun that was located on her thigh holster up to her hand.

Once the elevator came to a stop Cassie looked around and sent a nod to the two standing across from her. Steve lifted up the metal gate and the three stepped out the elevator. Bucky was first to exit, keeping his gun up in front of him. He was shortly followed by Cassie as she also carried her gun in front of her ready to defend herself if needed.

They made their way deeper into the facility when suddenly a loud thud was heard behind them. The three came to a stop on a small set of stairs and quickly turned to look back. Steve brought his shield up in a protective form.

"Ready?" Bucky asked, looking down at Cassie as they both got ready to fire at whatever came out the creaking door in front of them.

"Always am." Cassie simply said as she kept her gun in front of her.

Yet she quickly brought her gun down when she saw Tony in his suit slid the door open. He took a couple steps towards the three before removing his mask revealing his bruised right eye.

"You seem a little defensive." Tony said as he saw how Steve kept his shield up between them and Tony.

"It's been a long day." Steve simply said as he took a couple steps forward.

"At ease, Soldier. I'm not currently after you." Tony said as he saw how Bucky kept his gun aimed at him behind Cassie.

"Then why are you here?" Cassie asked from her position on the small staircase.

"Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe." Tony said taking a couple more steps forward. "Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself." He added as he walked over and leaned against the wall.

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Cassie said with a small sigh.

Tony simply scoffed with a small chuckle at the woman's comment. He then turned to Steve who had brought his shield down from in front of him.

"It's good to see you, Tony." Steve said, getting Cassie to roll her eyes.

"Wish I could say the same." She simply mumbled, getting everyone to look at her.

"Why are you so angry with me?" Tony asked, getting her to shake her head.

"How about you let me tranquilize you. Let me have you feeling the same way I felt, feeling like your strength is being stripped away from you. Have a throbbing headache and feel like you're burning up and growing dehydrated. Because that's how I felt when they tranquilized me at your orders, because and I quote you didn't trust me." Cassie said, getting Tony to look down.