𝟖: 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐂𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝

Sometime later, Sam sat in the hospital room right beside Steve with music playing softly in the room. As he read the book in hand Sam heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come on in." He whispered as the door slowly opened revealing Cassie.

"Hey." She said softly as Sam quickly stood up.

"Hey. I'll leave you with him." Sam said, getting a nod in return from Cassie.

Sam walked towards the door and walked out. Cassie took Sam's seat and brought her hand up to interlock with Steve's. She sighed as she saw his sleeping body on the bed. Sam's music was still playing in the background as she brought her other hand up to caress his check. She soon brought her attention down to his hands as she traced fingers over it with her soft fingertips.

Steve slowly opened his eyes as they adjusted to the light. He looked over at Cassie who wasn't looking at him. A smile was brought onto his face as he saw her tracing figures on their interlocked hands.

"Did we save the world?" Steve asked, getting Cassie to quickly look over at him.

"Yes." She said with a smile as she saw his smile. "You did." She added as she brought her hand up to cup his face.

"It's not too late to go on that date is it?" He questioned getting Cassie to smile and tuck a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"Let's get you well recovered and out of here first." She said as she kept her eyes on him.

After Steve made a full recovery him and Cassie went on their very first date

After Steve made a full recovery him and Cassie went on their very first date. Without knowing they quickly bonded on another level and immediately agreed that they should've done this sooner. The two got to know one another better. They no longer had to communicate in the middle of a battle. They had a whole morning over breakfast to talk about themselves.

"Have you always been so righteous?" Cassie asked as she took a drink of her orange juice.

"Well yeah, ever since I can remember, I've been wanting to do what's right." Steve said as he sat across from her in the booth.

"I've always wondered what I was like as a kid." She said with a small smile.

"What do you think you were like?" He asked her as he set his fork down and gave her his undivided attention.

"Well from how I am now I would say I was a very hyperactive kid. Someone who obviously wasn't scared to simply go out into the world and fight it with closed fists." She said as Steve simply smiled and nodded.