𝟗: 𝐁𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

It had been 6 months of Steve, Cassie, and sometimes Sam, trying to find the whereabouts of Bucky. Yet they couldn't seem to make any progress in succeeding. Cassie had moved out from her apartment to join the other Avengers at the compound created by Tony Stark.

Her relationship with Steve was slowly but surely evolving into something strong and serious. The entire team knew of the crush Steve has on Cassie and vice versa. They often made jokes about it having the two blush.

SOKOVIA, EASTERN EUROPE {HYDRA RESEARCH BASE}

Currently they were all on a mission to track down and eliminate HYDRA remaining members themselves. Everyone was present on this mission; Steve, Cassie, Natasha, Clint, Tony, Bruce, and Thor.

"Shit!" Tony called into the comms as he flew into a protective barrier that wrapped around the entire facility they were trying to access.

"Language!" Steve simply said as he and Cassie rode side by side on their own bikes. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" He asked as he looked over at Cassie who was extremely focused bringing a smile onto his face.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." Jarvis said into the comms as Cassie rolled her eyes at the upcoming guards.

She brought her Taser gun and sent Taser Disks towards most of them bringing them down without bringing her bike to a stop.

"That was so hot, don't you agree Cap." Tony said from the sky as he circled back and saw Cassie flip her ponytail from her face.

"Oh he's totally turned on." Natasha said, adding on to Tony's teasing.

"Guys, let's just focus." Cassie said with a chuckle as she turned back at a blushing Steve who rode on his own motorbike.

"I agree with Cas." Thor said through grunts as he fought off some guards. "Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." He added as Mjølnir made its way back to his hand.

From the corner of his eye Steve saw a grenade being launched towards Cassie. His eyes widened and he quickly threw his shield towards her.

"Cassie, incoming." Steve called out as she turned around and quickly grabbed the shield to use as a protection.

Yet the impact was still strong enough to send her flying off the bike. She used the shield to ease her landing as she landed on her stomach. With a grunt she turned onto her back and threw her head back into the snow.

"Bummer." She simply said as she heard a motorbike approach her.

"Cassie, are you okay?" Steve asked as he came to a stop beside her.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Now I see why you like this bad boy." She said as she tossed him the shield.

Steve placed the shield in front of him on the motorbike and extended his hand out for Cassie to stand. She reached for it and he quickly pulled her up. Before he could drive away, Cassie hopped on the back of his bike and they drove off to fight more guards.

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys. Do me and Cassie have to do all the work?" Natasha said as Cassie saw four guards approaching them on two bikes.