you're hungover

You groaned as soon as you opened your eyes. Right away, you were met with a splitting headache and a queasy feeling in your stomach. Your skin was a little clammy and you started to remember the night prior as it came back to you in bits and pieces. You don't remember everything, just downing drinks and having a fun time with your friends.

Obviously, you got carried away somewhere along the night. You're definitely hungover now; a painful reminder of why you need to be more careful when you spend the night on the town with your friends.

You heard the floor creak before you felt Miley's hand on your back. You sighed contentedly from her warm and comforting touch. It didn't ease your pain or relieve the funny feeling in your stomach, but it did bring you some comfort to know she's there with you.

"Are you okay?"

"No. I feel awful."

"Yeah, I thought you would." She said as she rubbed your back. "You drank a lot last night. So much that I had to come and pick you up because your friends didn't want you to get even drunker."

"I'm paying for it now." You mumbled. "Everything hurt, Miley. I feel so bad."

"I know. But, lucky for you, you've got a girlfriend to wait on you hand and foot until you feel better. I got you some medicine and some water. That should help ease that excruciating headache."

You opened your eyes and went to reach for the medicine when your stomach flipped and you had no choice but to rush into the bathroom as fast as possible before you hung your head over the toilet and emptied your stomach.

Miley was by your side the whole time. She crinkled her nose every time you'd vomit, but she held your hair back and tried her very best to soothe you through the horrible feeling.

"No more alcohol for me ever again." You mumbled a few minutes later when you finally finished throwing up and stood up to make your way to the sink and brush your teeth.

"Okay," she giggled. "That won't happen, I'm sure. It's not like you get drunk like this every time, y/n. You just tend to on occasion. There's nothing wrong with having a drink here and there. Just don't get so carried away. Next time, have your friends cut you off before you overdo it."

You nodded as you rinsed your mouth out and then spit out the toothpaste in your mouth. You put your toothbrush back in the holder and turned around to face Miley. You dropped your forehead onto her shoulder and relaxed into her arms as they wrapped around you.

"C'mon. Let's get you that medicine and get you tucked into bed. Maybe you can get some rest and sleep off this agonizing hangover."

You nodded and walked out of the bathroom and into bed, where you slipped under the covers and swallowed the medicine down in hopes that it would relieve your headache.

Miley laid down beside you and brushed her fingertips along your arm as you started to fall back asleep.

"I love you."

"I love you too, y/n. Get some rest. Hopefully you'll feel better when you wake up." She said and watched you drift off to sleep, hoping some rest is all it'd take for you to feel better again.