you amaze me (requested)

Miley carried your favorite food into the hospital, waving hello to each doctor and nurse she passed by. You forgot your lunch at home today and she knows you must be hungry, so she decided she'd surprise you at work with some food.

Miley always loves visiting you at work. She's amazed by what you do. You're a head nurse and though your job involves a lot of challenging moments, you've always loved to help people and for you, it's always worth the stress and pressure you're put under.

"Y/n!" She yelled as you stepped out of a patient's room and were almost ready to walk the other way if it wouldn't have been for Miley calling out for you. "Miley? What are you doing here?"

Miley kissed you softly as soon as she in front of you. She held the bag of food up with a grin. "Thought you might be hungry. I know you forgot your lunch and you work up quite an appetite running all around the emergency room. Hence, your favorite food cooked by your favorite girl."

You let out a relieved sigh and reached out to grab the food when the sound of yelling appeared from behind you. Miley could see the man being wheeled in on the stretcher. He was bleeding and had an oxygen mask over his mouth to help him breathe.

You tugged on her arm and pulled her to another part of the hallway where she'd be out of the way. "Stay here!" You yelled as you ran to the man. You started to ask him questions and yelled things out to the doctors and nurses standing around you.

You could see his wallet slipping out of his pants pocket so you grabbed it and opened it up. You saw exactly what you hoped to see - some identification and a few family photos. "Sir. Is this your son?" You held out a picture of the little boy from his wallet. You watched as tears filled the man's eyes and nod his head. "You gotta stay strong for your son then. Don't give up on us, don't give up on him. He needs you, yeah? Your family needs you. You just gotta stay with us now."

He let out a little cry. He was anxious and in distress but found comfort in your words and the picture of his son in your hands.

Miley watched from a distance in awe of you; you were holding the man's hand, trying to give him comfort and reassurance as you continued to yell out things that you needed to save this man. You didn't leave his side, and you didn't stop talking about his son.

"You're gonna be just fine, sir. You really are. You just have to hang on a little longer. Hang on for your little boy." He nodded his head and put it back on the bed. As you got him set up in a room and managed to stop the bleeding caused by an accident he had been in, he slowly started to come around.

He reached for the picture and held it in his hand before looking up at you. "Thank you." You squeezed his hand a couple of times and when he was in stable condition you left the room with a heavy sigh.

"You amaze me," Miley said, hands moving to hold your hips. "Seriously, y/n. I admire you so much. You just saved someone's life. You're just incredible." She pulled you into her arms and you leaned your head against her shoulder, suddenly feeling all of your stresses and worries leave your mind.

"Thank you, Miley. Now, let's go eat. I'm starving!" Miley laughed as you dragged her to the cafeteria, ready to enjoy some lunch and time with your girlfriend.