bad ex punches her (requested)

Miley continued to hold your hand as you followed the waitress through the restaurant to a booth in the back.

You've both got the day off and it's been so long since you've been able to go on a date. So, Miley decided to take you out for a cozy lunch date at your favorite spot and Miley's heart keeps fluttering over how the smile on your face just doesn't fall.

As you sat down across from Miley, you realized just how perfect everything seemed to be right now. With your favorite girl in the world right by your side, you knew you couldn't be happier.

The atmosphere was warm and romantic. The sun was shining brightly, coming in through the windows all around the restaurant. The aroma in the air was almost making your mouth water.

You truly didn't think anything could ruin your happiness.

A few minutes later, after finally deciding what you wanted to eat after contemplating for so long, you ordered and sipped on some water as Miley held your hand while you talked about anything that came to mind.

She stared at you adoringly as you discussed what you wanted to do after lunch. She brushed her thumb along your knuckles, her other hand resting on her cheek, the stars in her big blue eyes looking bright.

"Maybe we could go see a movie? Or we can go home in a bit and cuddle and watch one there." She suggested, sipping on her drink as you quickly agreed with the second option; loving that one the most.

Suddenly, your smile faded for the first time in a while over the sound of an all too familiar voice coming from across the room.

"Y/N!" They called out and your breath hitched before becoming shaky, making Miley frown.

"Y/n? Baby, what is it? What's wrong?"

You didn't have the time to speak. It wasn't easy to speak anyways. With your heart pounding and your breathing anything but normal. You were scared. That much was easy to see.

"Y/N!" A girl smiled as she stood in front of you, making Miley's eyebrows furrow. "I hoped I'd run into you someday, somewhere."

The smile on her face and the look in her eyes made Miley's nose wrinkle in disgust. She had no idea who this person was but the vibes she was getting from her made Miley go straight into protective mode, swearing to herself that if this girl tried anything, she'd shield you and keep you safe in a heartbeat.

"Did you miss me? I missed you."

"No." You confessed, feeling better about standing up to her with all of these people around and especially your girlfriend.

"What did you just say?"

"I said no." You said, a shaky breath falling from your lips. "Just go."

"Go?" The girl scoffed. "Not without you, angel."

"Do not touch her!" Miley warned as she watched the stranger's hand creep closer and closer to touching your arm.

"Oh?" She scoffed, now staring your girlfriend down. "Why should I?"

"Because she's taken," Miley said with jaw clenched in anger over how this person couldn't seem to take a hint.

The girl scoffed and stared at you.

"Miley, this is my ex-girlfriend. I've told you about her before."

Of course. It all made sense now. Everything clicked.

And when it did, Miley's blood practically boiled.

You've told her about this ex of yours countless times. She's a terrible human being. Cocky, self-centered, angry, cruel, despicable.

She was always so mean to you, putting her hands on you more than once. And it wasn't just those things that hurt, but also her words and the way she made you feel so worthless and so... trapped when you dated.

You left and never returned and Miley was so proud and so in awe of your strength when you told her that story.

She never imagined she'd meet this person and now that she has, she's angrier than she's ever been before.

"You need to leave. Right now." Miley seethed as she got ready to scoot her chair back, ready to get up to get to you at any second if this terrible ex of yours tried to hurt you.

"Not without my girl."

"I'm not your girl! Not anymore. You treated me terribly. I left for a reason and I'm never coming back to you. You need to take a hint and realize that I've moved on and want nothing to do with you anymore. Get a life and leave me alone!"

She was angry... so angry. You once felt brave and capable of standing up to her but now, you're terrified all over again. That same shiver is running down your spine again. You feel that scary rush of fear that you can't put into words.

But instead of her taking her anger out on you, she turned her focus to Miley.

"You!" She screamed before Miley felt a sharp pain in her mouth and then near her eye as your ex's fist came into contact.

"Leave her alone!" You yelled and got up as staff of the restaurant grabbed your ex and pushed her to the door, calling the police on her as they got her far away from you and Miley to keep you both safe.

"Miley! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" You said as you took off the hoodie that you had over your shirt and bunched it up before putting it to her mouth to stop any bleeding that she had. "Are you okay? Should I get you to the car and get you to the hospital?"

"No, baby. I'll be okay." She said as you rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

You had tears in your eyes, so overwhelmed that it was hard to speak.

"Y/N, don't cry." She said as she put her hand over yours. "It's not your fault."

"I should've stood up to her sooner or walked out of here with you. I should've called for help to get her to leave sooner-"

"Stop it." She said, her fingers brushing along yours. "Do not blame yourself. None of this is your fault. None of anything that she has ever put you through is your fault. I promise you that."

You sniffled as she squeezed your hand.

"Honestly, I'm happy that it was me and not you. You don't deserve to go through that hell that she put you through again. I love you and I'm happy that you're okay and I will be too. I'll just have a busted lip and black eye for a bit."

You chuckled sadly and kissed her cheek lovingly.

"I love you."

"I love you more." She said, dropping her forehead against yours. "I'm fine, you're fine, everything is fine. No one is ever going to hurt you again. I will always keep you safe."

"Thank you." You sniffled.

The police showed up a few minutes later and after everything was done, you finally got to go home where you and Miley curled up in bed together; safe and happy.