The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(18)

I should probably get around to changing the numbers of the parts... but they all go in order. x) that and I'm just too lasy.
sooo OMGG I wrote something longer than a page. (and before wattpad posts this and this post is only a page- its two on word so don't even! :P)
Alright, so i know that this is the first post of this in... longer than forever and I can easily say that I was SO INCREDIBLY STUCK that it still isn't funny. I am currently trying to think of future problems for this story, so it doesn't take me another year to post something and can proudly say I have the next at least two chapters already mapped out. (:
ENJOI ^.^
__________________________________________________________________________________

After school a few days later, were the first official soccer try-outs. Nerves had been consuming me since lunch the night before but especially now that I was sitting alone at lunch. It was only a couple minutes into lunch, but insecurities were eating at me as I debated running home. I had no idea where Abel was, and I didn’t know how pointless soccer try-outs would be. The amazing thing about playing up in New Hampshire was the fact I had been playing with the same kids since elementary school, we were all friends. All my amazing, good friends that I now missed dearly were from soccer.

    The only people I knew who were trying out were the people I had been introduced to by Chase, and I wasn’t too ecstatic to have to deal with anyone of them.

    I was nibbling self consciously on a Clementine when Jamie suddenly sat next to me. “Hey!” She said excitedly, placing her tray down next to me. “You’re trying out tonight right?” I stared at her for only a moment before nodding, more than confused. “Gosh, Sylvia don’t look like I’m about to knife you!” She laughed at her own joke alone before leaning in. “Don’t tell anyone… but I am so envious of you. Standing up for Abel like that? Standing up to Chase? No one, and I mean NO ONE has ever done that before. You sure put him in his place though.” Her eyes gleamed with excitement.

    “What are you saying?” I asked, perplexed that she was talking to me.

    “I’m saying,” She exaggerated jokingly. “I want nothing to do with Chase. I moved here three years ago and wished I had the courage to tell him off. He acts like he runs this school just because he and his team leads us to state every year. I’m not too impressed, I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t tell him off in front of everyone like you did because I was too afraid to be alone. But…” Jamie broke eye contact, and stared down at the dirty lunch table ignoring her food. “I want to be your friend. I want to be your and Abel’s friend. You can ask him, I didn’t do anything to him. I never called him names, or joined in anything like throwing him the dumpsters… but I never defended him either and I want to say sorry for that.” My heart went out to Jamie, she looked sincere in her words. I smiled.

    “He isn’t a freak, he’s actually really nice and the best company to be around.” I insisted and she smiled at my acceptance. “Just make sure to apologize sincerely… say pretty much what you just said to me and I know he will accept it.” Jamie beamed with excitement as she looked at me again. She really was just afraid to be alone.

    In the distance, we heard yelling and chanting. Everyone’s heads in the lunch court’s turned to the source, and I wasn’t surprised to see Chase and his goon of friends circling around someone who probably didn’t deserve this torment but that is when I remembered that Abel was still missing from the lunch table.

    Immediately Jamie and I made understanding eye contact and raced towards them, completely forgetting about food. Together we elbowed our way through the buff jocks to witness Abel being lifted by Chase and Ricky, the red head from the day we all played soccer and swimming, into a tall trash can. Abel tried to fight his way out of their grasps but it was no use. No one even attempted to offer help to him as they shoved him into the can, without thinking I grabbed the nearest milk carton off a strangers tray, happened to be strawberry milk and quickly dumped it all over Chase’s head. It fell all over his expensive varsity soccer jacket and I smiled happily. He jut stood there with his arms out in shock, leaving Abel alone. Jamie attempted to shove the beefy Ricky away, it was a sad attempt but it didn’t go without Abel noticing as he tried to claw his way out of the dirty trash can.

    “YOU B**TCH!” Chase yelled, and for a moment I thought he was going to hit me. I jerked the milk carton above his head a couple times to make sure none of it was wasted and then dropped it on him.

    “Call me what you want, leave him alone.” I threatened, pushing Chase to the side. Jamie sidestepped around Ricky because it didn’t look like he was going anywhere by her doing and together grabbed an arm and pulled Abel out. Since he was out of the trash can no one had further interest in him anymore and looked away as Abel straightened out his shirt. I pulled a banana peel off his head with a disgusted face. “I’m sorry Abel…” I said frowning and he shook his hair out.

    “Don’t be. Happens all the time.” He shrugged, and clearly this did in fact happen regularly.

    “Not anymore. I promise.”

    “I’ll make sure of it.” Jamie butted in, and for the first time Abel noticed her standing there. She blushed. “Hi… I’m…” Jamie broke eye contact from Abel and looked down at the floor and it was obvious she was too ashamed to look at him.

    “That’s Jamie-”

    “I know her name. I also know she hangs with out with them.” He spat disgustedly. “I know she dated Nick last year, and he broke up with her for Tanya, I know that Tanya is a dirty-” Abel ranted, and without thinking I slapped him lightly on the back of the head to shut him up.

    “She told me she was sorry, and that she doesn’t want to be apart of that group of people anymore. I believe her too…” I insisted, and Abel looked angry.

    “What? So she says one measly sorry and that makes up for all the torment her boyfriend and his friends caused?” He asked incredulously and Jamie set her chin.

    “Ex boyfriend.” She correctly bitterly.  “I can’t even look at Nick anymore. I don’t know who any of them are anymore. Look, I’m sorry that they pick on you so relentlessly. I used to live with that guilt and the only thing that made me feel any better was knowing I didn’t add to it.” Before Abel could butt in she continued, “I lied to myself to make me feel better about how bad they make you feel about yourself. But I know now that just because I never joined in doesn’t help the fact I never stood up for you. You don’t have to be my friend, you don’t even have to be nice to me. I just want you to never compare me to them every again. I’m not them…”

    Abel nodded slowly and understanding and I smiled. Slowly but surely I knew they could become friends and that our pair just became a tripod. Things had to be looking up… and I thought that for the rest of the day until soccer try-outs when things took a downward spiral for the very worst.

Comments will incourage me to write this faster.... just sayin' (;