The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(12)

I was pissed to say the least, my Mom was making me go to that stupid cookout thing and I really didn't want to. I was going to stick out like a sore thumb. No one knew who I was, and I had no interest in being anywhere near Chase when I didn't have to be. You know like living across the street to him and having to go to school with him. Those times. 

I changed into a pair of Nike shorts, and a t-shirt, to go for a run. School was starting soon, and with school starting means soccer would start soon too and I really wanted to get on the team. That would mean for the next two weeks, I would be running everyday. I wasn't out of shape but I wanted to keep up with everyone else when the practices started. 

Chase better not be stupid and join me, I am not above tripping people so they scuff their knees... 

I was like bouncing on the pavement, getting all my frustration out on the side walk. Even though the sun was lowering it was still insanely hot and by the end of the street I was already dying of the humidity. How was I going to play soccer in this heat? 

Suddenly something caught the corner of my eye, and I looked at a random guy laying in his yard. Without thinking I walked into their yard, which didn't have any hedges like all the other houses did, for obvious reasons. I stood over the guy, who had pale skin, for someone who lives in Florida, and really cute hair. I went to kick him, fearing that he fainted in this heat, like I was debating to, but before my foot made contact with his torso, he whipped his hand out of no where, grabbed my ankle and yanked me onto the ground.  

Immediately the wind was knocked out of me, and the random guy, thati feared was dying from heat exhaustion rolled on top of me. 

"Who are you?!" He demanded, and my eyes widened. 

"Who are you?!" I gasped back at him, struggling to breathe with him on me.  

"I asked you first!" He insisted, and I gasped like a fish out of water. 

"Ca...can't breathe. Crushing... lungs!" Quickly the stranger rolled off of me, and sat Indian style next to me. I sat up, trying to catch my breath. "Do you normally suffocate people who are trying to help you?" I asked bitterly, rubbing my unsettled stomach. 

"Do you normally creep on peoples lawns?" He shot back, his tone playful. 

"I thought you were dead!!" The guy looked at me like I was crazy. 

"Why would I be dead?" 

"You were laying in your lawn, all still, and it's hotter than hell. So I thought you passed out because it was hot!" I insisted. The guy started laughing, loud and obnoxiously. It made me angry, and if I thought I could run faster than him I would run away. 

"You're the new girl, huh." He said, it was a question but it didn't sound like it.  

"Yeah, and?" I answered, even though it wasn't a question. 

"It's obvious, this?" he put his hands up. "Isn't hot. It only gets worse." I scowled. "But who are you?" 

"Sylvia. Moved here there beginning of this summer."  

"Figured, you thinking that right now is hot." 

"Bite me! Now who are you and why were you laying in your lawn, because at the moment I think you were to lore girls in that think you're dead...." 

The guy started laughing. "My names Abel, and I was just thinking." Abel smiled, and for a split second I noticed how cute he was when I could see his bright blue eyes beyond his side bangs, and how straight and white his smile was. I bit my lip, slightly smiling too. 

"Do you normally look dead when you think?" I asked sarcastically, and Abel stuck his tongue out at me.  

I lost track of time, by standing there talking to him. He wanted to know about New Hampshire, when he discovered where I was from. Abel wanted to know about friends, family. It felt weirdly good to talk to him about it, because the way he looked at you with his blue eyes, was like the world could be falling apart and he would still hear every single word you just said.  

"You're a really good listener." I admitted as I blushed, noticing for the first time how dark outside it was. 

"You're a really good talker." Abel said back, which made me blush a more darker red. 

"Oh my gosh... I'm sorry. I must have been really boring." I covered half of my face with my hand, and broke eye contact. Able's eyes where just hard to look away from. 

"No, not at all actually. I was just kidding. I'm sorry, I've been told before people can't tell when I'm being serious, or joking. Next time I'll point it out." Able smiled, and I couldn't help but smile back.  

"Next time?" I asked without really thinking. This time it was Able's turn red. 

"I just... I just meant that I-I would hope to see you around." Able said, looking down at his feet. 

"Well, I plan to run at this time until school starts. Got to get in shape!" I said, mock enthusiastically. Able made a face. 

"I would offer to run with you, but I would just slow you down, and you would laugh at me... I'll just spare myself the embarrassment." Able smirked, and I smiled at him. 

"I should probably be getting home though, my over protective parents are probably going to freak out in ..5-4-3-" I joked, and Able laughed. 

"Then let me walk you home. It is getting dark and all." It was cute the way Able was trying to defend his actions for wanting to walk me home. It made me feel really better about the whole forced to go to cookout- blah don't even want to think about tit now. 

I made a face. "I think you missed the whole 'over-protective' part. They'll see you coming and my Dad will find the shot gun." I joked, but it was fallowed by an awkward silence. 

"The neighbors already tell them about me then?" He asked, Able's voice suddenly hard. 

"Tell them about you?" I asked, really confused. "Tell them what?" I felt my eyebrows knit together. Able rolled his eyes, and it seemed he meant he didn't want to talk about it any further. 

"I just meant, you're a boy and my Dad wouldn't like you coming home with me. It was really nice to offer though, thank you." I said quickly, "I'll see you tomorrow, okay Able?" I asked, hoping he would want to see me tomorrow, and he smiled half heartedly. 

"Yeah, tomorrow." I turned around and while I walked out of his lawn, and back to the sidewalk I felt his eyes on me.  

What did he mean by asking if my parents were told about him? Told about what? I pondered it the whole walk home, when I remembered Chase's Mom saying- 

"There is only one people we don't invite, but that's because through all the time we have lived here, and every time we invited them they have never came. We just stopped about three years ago."  

Was she referring to Able and his family? 

Tell me what you think about this new character? 

I'm hoping to get pictures soon. (= 

Comment.Message.Fan.Vote. 

What's Hot?!