The Boy New Door Owes Me Oreos.

Hi, it's me. Girl from New Hampshire. I really hope you guys don't hate me because of the quality of this post. I'm like one in the morning and I was writing all day bits and pieces of different stories that I know you all want to see more of... and really I only got far on this one. I know I promised you guys I'd be more consistant, but because of Soulfest2011 (which is a large gathering of christian rock bands) and vacation, and just life I haven't really been keeping up with that promise so I was hoping to make it all better by posting like crazy all today...
Which obviously didn't happy but I have good reason this time.
I've had carpal tunnel since the seventh grade (soo three years now?) and because it was like aches and discomfort my doctor was like "oh.. take some tylenol." but because I abused the crap out of ALL OF THOSE, the lining of my stomach is not good at all and I can't anything spicy at all (even mild taco mixes,) without being like engulfed in flames. Not important I get it, BUT at the moment my right hand is swollen, my fingers are twitching and I currently can not feel the tips of any of my fingers. I'm waking my Mom up soon if the twitching doesn't stop. I really wanted to write well into the morning, but even explaining why I can't is proving to be a great challenge.
Hopefully I figure out a way to fix this, but until then this is what I have for you.
I'm so sorry.

My prayers for not getting in trouble went unheard. I hadn't worked this hard since try-outs. I felt like I was going to puke from the heat and the amount of laps we all did wordlessly. At least I wasn't taking this as hard as some of the guys, who after the 12th lap started walking it to catch their breath. I didn't blame them, I was debating my jog at the moment as well. It was obvious the coach was livid, but he didn't say anything. Not yet. His face was getting redder and redder by each lap and everyone could tell that we were in for an ear full because of the stunt that happened after our winning game.

By the time I really considered throwing up just to get rid of the horrible feeling in my stomach, Coach barked for us to hustle over which we barely managed to. I collapsed next to Chase, who looked just as bad off as me.

“I can not believe any of you. Starting a fight like that with a team you just versed? What kind of reputation do you lot want for yourselves? Hooligans because that is all you are known for, and personally I don't want to be known as the coach to a bunch of kids who can't even keep their hands to themselves! WHAT ARE YOU? Four?!”

“Coach, that... that a**hole grabbed Sylvia's a**! What did you expect?!” Ryan yelled, looking beside himself with frustration. Sweat was dripping off of his bare chest since most of the guys had shed their shirts a while ago. I on the other hand didn't feel comfortable running in just a sports bra so I was wearing a skin tight undershirt that wasn't always like this. Sweat made the fabric cling to me.

“I expected Sylvia to be able to handle it, everyone saw him do it, if Chase hadn't punched him he would probably be suspended for that act but what do you think looks worse? A 'slip of the hand', or a punch that cost the captain of a rival team his nose?” Coach bit back, and I was itching with embarrassment.

“That wasn't a slip of the hand! He gripped!” Chase insisted, not looking the least bit ashamed of his actions and I frowned.

“Coach, I'm sorry to say that the guys seem to feel confident with the way they acted. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I'm thankful I have a team full of guys that are willing to have my back like that. They didn't even hesitate to jump in and defend my honor. I defiently did not appreciate being touched like that, but I was touched knowing that after weeks of hard work I finally feel like we're a team.” I stated confidently, looking the coach deep in his brown eyes. They were hard, angry and yet understanding. “It has to be embarrassing to coach a team that acts like a pack of wild wolves but I can't help but think that that fight that broke out only made us... more intimidating. On the other hand, even though I hate sexual comments, and sexual actions especially when they are acted out upon me---” I turned around and eyed all the guys half seriously. “I can handle myself boys.” I stuck my tongue and noticed the coach smiled a little.

“Fine. I guess... in a way it was team like but we can't make a habit of beating the crap out of the teams we beat because THERE IS GOING TO BE A LOTTT OF THEMMM!” I think everyone was stunned by how quickly the coach changed personalities. I wondered silently if it was normal to have such a shift in emotion but didn't want to question it because he went easy on us for the rest of the practice.

I didn't find out till later when I was once again the first one all changed and ready to go home and shower, why coach had had such a weird mood swing. Weirdly, he was waiting for me at the mouth of the locker room with a hopeful expression. “Hey coach?” I knew my Mom and Devon were in the car waiting to pick me up because Devon finally had her way with me getting my license.

It may sound weird, but I don't want my license. I got my green card months before I moved out of New Hampshire, and I still had no interest in it. My parents convinced me to get it when I turned sixteen so if I changed my mind I could go to the to DMV whenever, but that moment never came. Right when I turned sixteen and got my green card Devon wanted me to immediately head to the DMV so we could always be in motion. When she turned sixteen it hadn't taken much for her to get her license, and I didn't really have an explanation as to why I didn't want mine besides the fact I didn't really have a need for one because my Mom is still willing to be my taxi driver.

But late last night Devon convinced me to get it, not because I wanted to, but mostly because I was old enough to have it. Mostly, she guilted, guilted and guilted some more but it worked and we were rushing over to the DMV after practice.

“Sylvia...” Coach nodded, and I thought that the conversation would be over then but he smiled stopping me in my tracks. “Thank you for making this team... a team. Even if they wont tell you I can.” My heart fluttered with happiness.

“Thanks.” I breathed, still winded from practice. “I like being on this team, even if it is time consuming and dangerous.” We laughed together before I departed. My Mom was sitting in the passenger side seat, waiting for me to get in and drive tot eh DMV. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to be driving with Devon in the backseat, but that is just as much as I cared.

Before I could get buckled into the front seat, I heard Chase yelling out my name as he rushed to the car. He was throwing his head into his shirt as he ran to the car and I smiled at him, trying to remember that I didn't hate him anymore, though I still remembered all the mean things he did to Abel.

“Hey! I didn't notice you leave the locker room... I wanted you to know that Friday night we're having a victory party at Ryans house. Your friend is welcome to come too.” I smiled sweetly at Chase.

“Sounds good, I'll check with Devon-” it was secretly just an excuse not to go. I wasn't interested in going to any high school parties but before anything else could be said Devon was screaming yes from the backseat. “Ugh, I guess that's a yes.” I smiled at him, glad that I was finally able to look at him without wanting him dead in some way.

“Great. I can't wait, really. I'll go tell the guys, see you tomorrow.”

**********

Devon is really good at guilting me into things it seems. First my license, which I got with flying colors and now that stupid party that everyone seemed to be talking about.

We were getting pampered for the party that was taking place at Ryan's house to celebrate our good start to the season. I was told 'everyone' was going to be there and to br honest I wasn't thrilled. I didn't want to go to these parties, I wasn't interested in these kinds of high school scenes when I was in New Hampshire why would I be now? I couldn't let Devon down though, it didn't take a genius to figure out that she wanted to end her amazing vacation in Florida with a bang. She reassured me that she wouldn't let me do anything stupid and I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry to remind you, but I'm sure you're going to be the bigger handful here than me." I informed her and she just smirked at me.

"Don't be so sour Silly. Everything is going to be so fun and you know it. I don't remember the last time I got to drag you to a party, this is a good learning experience for you. You finally have your license, you're finally going to parties"

I cut Devon off. "What? I'm finally acting like a stupid teenager?" I asked her bitterly and she made a face at me.

"You don't have to sound so bitter ya know." She insisted. "Just try to have fun. Everyone wants you to be there and wants to party with you, you aren't going to be any fun if you continue acting this way." I sighed heavily, she was right. Ever since others found out the entire team would be there they were excited to finally get to know me. Not just the team either, the guys seemed to have people flock to them because of popularity and I was getting sucked into it, it was yet another reason why I didn't want to go. Talking to these kids in school, making small talk in between math problems was one thing, but going out of my way outside of school to hang out with them and get drunk was completely different.

It was only one night though, after tonight Devon would fly back to New Hampshire until probanky Christmas time, and I wouldn't have to deal with these people.

School was becoming overwhelming though, everyone wanted me to sit with them, the guys has several different tables and they wanted me to sit at at least one, and random people wanting to get caught up in my rising popularity wanted to be seen with me. I wanted nothing to do with it, I just wanted to continue sitting with Jamie and Abel. I wanted everything to be the same but I didn't think it would ever be again because no one seemed to get the hint to leave me alone.

"I won't. Now are you done getting ready? We should have left ten minutes ago." I pointed out as Devon touched up her perfectly straight hair. 

"Are you really going in that?" She asked and I smiled. I was wearing my favorite light blue American Eagle jeans, and a simple deep purple shirt.

"Yup."

My Mom was letting us borrow her car, I told her that the team was having a victory party and that I pretty much had to go to show support. She knew that I would never do anything bad and trusted that I wouldn't start tonight.

**

yeah I know, awkward ending. jumped around a lot.  as i said up in the beginning my right hair is swollen, so i probably shoouldn't be on the computer and im getting sharp pains now and -.- im sorry. please leave your thoughts of what you think will be happening the next couple chapters (i have them all planned out already=)
thank you guys so much for sticking with this