The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(37)

Yeah, you guys hit 70 easily (: SO THIS TIME because I don't know if I can keep up with a post a day haha is 

100 votes and 40 comments.
:D please and thank you, and even if you tell me something crazy corny or random it will make me super happy soo~

Also, the BANNER CONTEST.
Hello MissRadMad your banner was so fun! it was the only one that didnt surround around oreos or a soccer field it was a girl in a jersey and i liked so~ I'll be sending you a message asking you everything you have a say in. <3
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THAAAT <3
***************************************************************************************

Going home wasn't an option, because when we finally got back to the car Devon threw up the contents of her stomach on the side of the road and stubbornly climbed in back seat because she was 'so' mad t me. I hadn't even said anything to her yet, so I wondered how she was going to feel when I finally did tell her everything I was thinking of her. But none of that was the reason we couldn't go home, the worst part was how Devon passed out on the soft leather seats. There was no explaining that....

"Where are we going?" Abel demanded, because for some reason he was also mad at me, sulking in the front seat of my moms car.

''Well I can't exactly take Devon home like that, so I was thinking of stopping at a McDonald's, eating my feelings and then going to a gas station and making her sober up.'' I explained, trying my best to ignore his sour attitude towards me, but it didn't help. ''Besides, I didn't take you as much of a ....partier.'' Lamely, I pointed out and for a few moments we just sat in silence. 

''Hah, yeah me either.''

''What is that supposed to mean? Why are you being so mean to be Abel? We haven't talked- like really talked in such a long time... and you're treating me like this?'' I questioned, letting saddness seep out into my voice. I had really missed him, he was my best friend and now he was acting like he hates me for no reason.

''You told me you weren't going to turn into one of them, but then I hear you're going to a huge party Friday night. Even Jamie, who feels like its okay to talk to me away from the lunch table, was telling me how its so 'exclusive' that even she cant go.'' Disgust was in his voice so heavily it hurt. ''You told me you were gunna be the same ol' Sylvia but I don't think you will be.''

“Turning into one of them? I felt horrible awkward the entire time. The only ...the only reason I went was Devon. It's her last night and she wanted to have some fun.” I insisted, wanting to let Abel look me in the eyes but I was preoccupied with driving to the nearest Mcdonalds.

“Still. You went.” He said stubbornly, crossing his arms and sinking deeper into the seat.

“I didn't drink.” I pointed out. “And I wish I could say the same thing about Devon... but ugh. You know.” The car was awkwardly silent for a moment despite Devon's deep snores.

“You didn't even tell me you were going, which is the worst part. Like, I understand why you didn't invite me. It's obvious, something like that happens but... why didn't you just tell me flat out that you were going to one of those kinds of parties?” Abel questioned and I didn't know what to say.

“I didn't know I had to.” That may have come off a little too harsh. “It was just some dumb party, and I didn't think it was that big of a deal... Abel what were you doing there?” he didn't say anything for a moment but when he did talk I was floored.

“I had to make sure you were okay.” I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot and got in the horrendous line for the drive through that pretty much wrapped around the building. We wouldn't be going anywhere for a moment. I stared at Abel, absorbing how much worry I must have put him through to make him look that heart broken. “I've heard some ...some really bad stories that take place at these parties. I didn't want those things happening to you.” Still, I was dumbfounded. My heart swelled with happiness when I knew he was worrying about me, but it was tainted by the voice in the back of my mind reminding me that he had better things to worry about.

“I can take care of myself.” I smiled lightly at him, and Abel sat up a little straighter.

“I can kind of figure that now, you took Jay Vickman down like nothing.. It was impressive.” Abel laughed halfheartedly.

“I need you to stop worrying that I'm going to turn into one of those guys because it wont happen. I would never treat anyone like that, especially not you. I wanted to join that team because I love soccer, and it's my way of... dealing with the world and all the stress but at the moment I'm seriously considering leaving it. I don't want to be lumped in with those guys.”

“What about scholarships and everything?”

“What about them? I can afford it without scholarships, even though I'm positive I could walk the field with his face. It isn't worth it.” I reassured him.

“You worked so hard to get on that team.” He pointed out and I shrugged.

“And I did it, I proved to myself and everyone else that I can play with the 'big dogs', but I'm choosing not to. They don't deserve to continue being looked up to, and thought of as great guys and awesome soccer players when they don't even know how to treat human beings. You're my best friend Abel, and I can tell you honestly that without me they wont be playing as hot as they did Wednesday and the 'team' will crumble.” I drove forward.

“If you really want to leave the team, I wont tell you no. I understand exactly why you're doing it I just can't believe you are.” He laughed.

“Abel, you mean more to me than that entire team plus some. I just more scared of letting down coach.”

****

“Did you really just spend forty dollars on the dollar menu?” Abel laughed, knee deep in McChickens and Double Cheese Burgers.

“Not JUST the dollar menu, hello mango strawberry smoothies and this brownie cinnamon... thing that is like 4,000 calories. What? I don't need to keep my body in shape anymore, come tomorrow afternoon I'm off that team.” I smiled, taking a giant swig of my coke.

The smell of the fast food stirred Devon up from the backseat.

“Does that mean that you're going to let yourself become 500 pounds?” He asked.

“Maybe, would you not be my friend if I was?”

“No, I would always be your friend. I would just be sad that the belly button piercing is really off the table.” Immediately we burst out laughing, but was shocked when Devon sat up abruptly.

“Whooo! What a horrible night! Someone had me a Mc-” She was about to demand a sandwich when she yanked the door open and threw up more. We grimaced and I was quickly loosing my appitite.

Devon passed back out again. “For something reason I don't think shes coming back from this one any time school. Would you mind helping me get her in my bed and I'll walk you home? I asked as Abel ate his second double cheese burger. “Hell, im going to start wondering if they feed you too.” I joked with him and he shrugged giving me a wide smile full of burger.

**************************************************************

100 votes and 40 comments 
please and thank you.