The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos. (40)

<------VOTE PLEASE (:

I'm not really in the mood to write so this ended awkwardly, yeah I admitted it whatever. I shouldn't even be posting this cuz i was like 70 votes away from a goal but I needed something to do while I continued to fight with everyone around me.
if you havent noticed im in a god awful mood. -____-

Votes: 120
Comments: 70

....like 3,000 people read my last post asking for one hundred and twenty people to click a button or leave a small comment saying "good. i liked it." shouldnt be too much.
Buh, I'm so bothered.
I'm looking into different websites to turn my finished stories into ebooks that I'll charge like 4.99 for. (: My friend Steven is trying to help me find the right one to go through.

*********

“Chase! Why is the door unlocked?! CHASE!” I woke up to Chase's Mom yelling, and jingling the door handle. I jumped out of his bed so fast, that I actually stepped on Chase who was still sound asleep on the floor. He woke up to my heel digging into the side of his thigh.

“Aghh!” He yelled, and his Mom started hitting the door.

“Chase?!” She called, and I did the first thing I could think of doing, as fast as possible I climbed out of Chases window and clung to the terrace. The early morning sun burned my eyes, and my muscles were screaming at me for over using them. Chase shut the window quietly after me, and the next thing I knew his Mother was barging into his room. “Why in the world would that door be locked?!” She demanded, and I sunk lower on the terrace praying no one outside would see me in this bright light.

I was crushing the sunflowers under me, and I felt awful. The white wood of the fence looked fragile and unwelcoming, and suddenly I was wearing maybe this wood wouldn't hold me. I couldn't bring myself o left my head though with fear his Mom would see me and not appreciate the fact his son had a girl in his room.

“Sorry Mom, wont happen again.” She huffed at his meaningless words. “Now if you don't mind... I'm going back to bed.”

“Fine. Good morning.” Well didn't they have an awesome relationship, I thought sarcastically as I waited for Chase to open the window. Right as the window opened, I heard the sliding glass door open too and jumped into Chase's window so fast that I tackled him with a loud thud. Instinctively I rolled under bed, and was secured underneath it when his Mom opened the door again.

“What happened!?” She demanded.

“I fell. Sorry.” Chase said defensively getting up from the floor.

“Go back to bed. You need it.” His Mother said bitterly, closing his door hard behind her.

From outside I could heart Chase's Dad yelling “Look at that bush, what the hell happened to that bush?!” He was ranting and raving as I rolled out from under Chase's bed that was full of cob webs. Chase was peering down at me with a smirk on his face. I tried to ignore the fact that he was shirtless, and only in boxers... which I could have easily looked up if I wanted to.

“You happened to that bush didn't you?” He asked knowingly and I laughed quietly.

“Yup. I had a rough night.” I tried not to think of it, I tried not to think of anything as I got up and looked outside. We irrupted into laughter together as we stared at the sat looking bush. It once stood tall with the rest of the bushes that lined their fence, but now limbs were snapped and laying on the concrete and it was sagging to the right.

“So ya take it out of the bush. I see how it is!” Chase joked and I showed him my arms playfully.

“Excuse me?! I feel like it gave a fair battle.” Showing him all the thorn marks and bruises that lined my arms. “Exactly. I just won.”

Twenty minutes later, and changed into a pair of shorts Chase had outgrown and a t-shirt that read youtube, I was about to slip out of his window when he grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him with a sad smile on my face.

“Where are you going to go?” He asked, still holing my sore arm.

“Well... I think home would be the appropriate place to go.” I answered, questioning myself if I was even headed back there.

“Oh. Well.” Chase swallowed hard. “Don't forget about soccer practice... and Sylvia,” He sighed heavily. “If you need a place to go tonight too, my bed is open.” I smiled at him, before pulling my arm out of his hand to give him a tight hug which he accepted by pulling me in closer to him. “I mean it, anytime.”

“I know you do, thank you.” I insisted, pulling away from him and ducking out of the window in broad daylight. It wasn't as hard leaving his backyard as it was entering it. I slunk along the outer side of the fence, with my back pressed firmly against the rough wood and facing the neighbors house that I was intruding on. I didn't know if anyone even lived here, but I was sure if someone saw me rustling in their bushes they wouldn't be thrilled.

Once I hit the sidewalk, I didn't really want to go home but I also didn't want to be seen in Chase's old clothing. I jogged across the street and up my front walk. The only car was my Moms, which was still parked on the curb, and the vibes that was radiating off this house was heavy, cold and awful. I hoped it was just me though that could sense it.

Horror struck me as I opened the front door, the house... it hadn't even been this destroyed when we were moving in. I strained to keep my mouth closed, when all my jaw wanted was to land on the ground. Everything was ruined. Tall, standing lamps were cast away, shattering the once decorative globes that rested on the tops of them. Pictures frames were broken, yanked from their places on the shelves and pictures torn to bits on the carpet.

It looked like the place was ransacked but I knew the truth behind the appearance of the house... my parents had had it all out last night, which must have continued even after I cowered in Chases' room.

Instead of looking at the rest of the house I climbed up the stairs slowly, wondering where my Mom would be. Up the stairs looked just as awful, and I wished I never had to see my home in shambles like this. Her bedroom was empty, but completely destroyed, the mattress wasn't even resting on the wooden bed frame anymore.

Everything seemed to be in pretty bad shape, but my door was firmly shut. Slowly I crept over to it, stepping over the knocked down pot stand and dirt. I opened my room, and was welcomed with a room exactly the way I left it, besides my bed with had a ball in the middle of it. My Mom was barely under my covers, hugging her knees. She looked like she had a rough night, and all the horrible feelings I felt last flooded back, only stronger because she was the most important person in life and she was here, crying in my bed needing me more than she had ever needed me before and I hid at some guys house.

I walked quietly to my side of the bed and brushed her tangled hair out of her eyes. She deserved better then a my Dad, but also me. I should have been here to comfort her, I should have been here to defend her against whatever rude thing my Dad might of thrown at her. Immediately at my touch she jolted awake, looking ready for another fight but when her hazy eyes focused on mine her worry winkled face lit up a little and she jumped out of bed, latching her arms around me and pulling me closer to her small frail body.

“Oh, baby.” She sobbed on my shoulder, as I rested on the bed with her. “I thought... I thought you didn't want me either.” My Mother cried loudly, and for the first time today I began to cry.

“I'm sorry, I would never leave you. I'm so sorry Mommy.” I cried with her, putting my arms around her tighter, hugging her tenderly.

“It isn't your fault sweetie. It isn't anyone's but his. All his.” It sounded like she was talking to herself while trying to comfort me.

I don't know how long we sat on my bed, crying and talking about how many things are going to change. I guess during the fight last night my father mentioned that I had seen it, I worried that she would be mad at me for not rushing home but she hugged me tighter and claimed she wouldn't expect me to tell her anything like that because it wouldn't be my place to but my Father's.

With burning eyes, and sore muscles we cleaned up the house. There was nothing we could do with broken furniture, decorations, and lamps but throw them away but we set everything back to where it looked right and vacuumed.

We tried making sense of the future, but couldn't predict anything, and for a change of topic I decided to talk about the scout that was going to be there Tuesday, at the second game of the season, for me. She looked thrilled and amazed, but her mood was tainted by the situation at hand. My Mom still insisted she was going to be there to meet him, as we tackled the disaster kitchen.