The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos.(24)

..it's short but whatever.

Once again, to keep me posting, please comment. They already started to lag and not happen, I'm not trying to by whiney or needy but seriously I don't like writing this story, I do because I like my fans. I don't need to write this.

I limped to my Moms car, knowing that the rest of the guys were downstairs still in the locker room dolling themselves up for God knows whatever reason, and couldn't see the difficult time I was having getting to my Moms car because of the kick to my ankle before the first goal. Through the practice game it didn't really hurt until I continued running on it without letting up, but I needed to aggressively get the ball because no one else even tried to when Chase got it. I couldn't understand why that was, because for me it seemed like whenever he got the ball I tried even harder to get it and usually I did. This was the first practice and already I could point out all of his weaknesses when he was trying to get the ball to point A to point B. He didn't guard nearly enough, and I'm pretty sure that's because the guys on my team were too scared to take it from him.

Everyone was hot and overworked when we finally got to the locker rooms to change at noon. My stomach was practically eating itself with hunger, but I kept a brave front of because my ankle was killing me, and I was too scared to look down to see if it was noticeably swollen. I was more on the side of it looking like a balloon because everyone else was looking at it. I refused to limp as I grabbed my stuff to head home.

“Can't say I like how that ankle is looking Jones.” Chase said, and through his arrogance I heard an undeniable sorry in his tone. I didn't make eye contact with him, as I changed my shirt, with all the many spectators and washed my face without saying a word. The rest of the guys were all completely zoned out because of hunger, or just didn't care that we were talking. One short practice and they all came to terms with the fact Chase and I want each other dead. ...or maybe it was I who wanted him dead.

As I brought my head back up from the facet, letting the cool water drip down and soak into my tank top, I saw Chase standing directly behind me. I tried to ignore the fact my hair looked like a rats nest and was falling out of my pony tail in every direction.

“Seriously Sylvia... get your Dad to look at that.” He mumbled, and I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks for the concern Chase, but it wouldn't of happened if you weren't so heavy on your feet.” I instructed superior and Chases' eyes narrowed.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me, if you didn't have two lead, left feet you wouldn't be so dependent on your feet, and you wouldn't of kicked me. You should work on it, how do you think I got 10 goals when you only got 7?” I smiled, picking up my soccer bag and moving away from Chase. “Bye.” I yelled outward to no one, and no one answered it.
In the car my Mom was freaking out, and for the first time since it started throbbing I looked down to see it swelling near the further down part of my ankle. “Sylvia! If you can't play without yourself getting hurt, I wont allow you to play! Especially not if someone on your own team is capable of making you ankle swell up three times it natural size.” I rolled my eyes at my Moms panic.

“You never used to freak out when this happened when it happened by my own doing. Remember how I continuously rolled my ankle?” I asked and she didn't answer. “I know exactly what to do to handle this kind of injury and I'll be fine by practice tomorrow after school till five.”

“Are you sure this isn't going to interfere with school?” She asked in worry.

“It never has before...” I insisted, and we spent the rest of the ride home in silence.
I didn't get out of the shower till 1:30, so eating didn't happen till around 2. I loved how in the short time since we had moved down to Florida we had already made this house feel like a home. We painted all the rooms over the summer, to give them the constant feel of summer with all the bright colors. The thing my Mom seemed to do all day because she didn't have a job was clean and redecorate the room until she was satisfied with it.
The kitchen was no exception to our summer theme with the bright pink and soft brown cabinets. Those and the counter top, which was a dark marble stayed in here, but nothing else did. We had all stainless steal appliances because they were cheaper then getting the older ones from the sixties that didn't work. My Mom wanted to use those and just never cook again, but when she offered that idea my Dad didn't exactly bite.

I was sitting on one of the high stools in front of the island in the middle of the kitchen, watching my Mom make us grilled cheese sandwiches.

“Do you want the ice now or after lunch?” My Mom asked and I smiled at the back of her head, listening to the grilled cheese sizzle in the pan deliciously.
“During.” I smirked as I listened to her soft chuckle.

We were enjoying the afternoon, and I was loving the fact it was cooling off. My Mother and I were sitting on the swing that was on the front porch, eating the sandwiches. Even though we weren't talking to one another it wasn't an awkward silence. My Mom was my best friend and I didn't really care how stupid that sounded, there would never be a silence between us that would be awkward.

I found myself debating to tell her about Abel. I knew that it wasn't my secret to tell, and that I promised him I wouldn't tell either of my parent but he didn't understand the relationship I had with my Mom. If I asked her not to tell someone, she wouldn't and I knew that. I trusted her with everything I had ever done, good or bad. I had done more good than bad but that didn't matter.

“I miss New Hampshire.” My Mom said suddenly, and I made a face at her randomness. Lately I had been trying not to think of my home state and town, but as she mentioned it all the heartache filled my chest.

“Me too.” I breathed, thinking of how the air there was never this hot, yet the lawns were never this green and how my old school was at least filled with nice people. Not stuck up rich kids who think they own the worlds because their Dads can afford to buy nice things for them.

That was one of the good things about my parents, even though I was an only child, and my Dad made enough money to buy me everything I ever wanted, I wasn't spoiled. I was lavished in love and care, and brought up in an amazing home. Thinking about that made my heart hurt even more. How would Abel act today if he was brought up in a good home, with two loving parents? Would he still be the same shy, outcast? Would Chase still be able to pick on him? Or would he of been able to hold his two feet firmly on the ground and hold a conversation with someone other than someone who trespassed on his front lawn.

“You probably miss everyone, am I right?” I frowned at how point on she was.

“I really want to see them. I hate this high school, everyone sucks besides Abel and a girl named Jamie. IT, right there!” I threw my head back in aggression.

“At least you have two good friends, besides I like that Abel boy.”

“Mom, you met him once.” I laughed, agreeing with her.

“Still, I like him!” She insisted, and suddenly I saw Abel walking down the street and I sat up straighter. My Mom rolled her eyes.

“go, go. I have to do dishes anyway.”

“You sure?” I asked feeling bad for leaving my Mom.

“Yeah, as I said. I like him.” She smirked, and got up before me. I smiled, realizing then why I loved my Mom so much, as if I could forget.

“Abel!” I yelled, and he looked up from the sidewalk and smiled wide making my heart fill with happiness. The sadness I was feeling moments before because of the mention of New Hampshire disappeared.

I could still see his bruised arms, and the marks but it didnt seem like he had any new injuries. I throw the bag of ice my Mom got me to ice my ankle on the wooden swing my mom and I were just sitting on and jogged, ignoring the throb more, to Abel.

“You want to go on a walk with me?” He asked and I smiled, matching his.

“Yeah. Let's go.”