The Boy Next Door Owes Me Oreos. (38)

I hope you guys enjoy this 3rd post in 3 days... CRAZY.
So,  because this comment and vote thing is working (:
Votes: 130
Comments: 70
i know its a jump, but... seriously i dont know if i can keep up with a post a day-- but if you guys make it i will stick to my word and a post will be out the day those are met thankss
by the way VV O: while writing it i was like O_O DUDE WHAT?! yeah crazzzy 

Devon and I both groaned away around eight, and had to leave shortly to the airport. She was smart and packed everything up before, even leaving out clothing for her to change into to fly home in but I on the other hand was aching so badly from that body slam the night before, then carrying Devon up the stairs (with the help of Abel, but still) that I wasn't even willing to take a quick shower. I just threw my long hair into a ponytail, and stayed in my favorite baggy sweatpants and tank top.

“Hurry up Devon! I have to be at practice early this morning too ya know!” I yelled into the bathroom, questioning why she was even getting dressed, who did she have to impress at the airport.

The silence between us as we gathered up all her belongings, and hustled to the car without waking anyone was awkward. I figured quickly she remembered what she had done last night, or what she was planning on doing until I jumped in, and didn't want to talk about it but that wasn't an option. As we drove to the airport, I turned the radio down and Devon sighed.

“You don't have to say it, I know what I did was wrong.” She beat me to it, and I rolled my eyes. That wasn't what I was going to say exactly, but close enough.

“You need to tell him.”

“What?!” She demanded, “He'll break up with me. I was just drunk Sylvia, it was nothing.” Devon squirmed in her seat, and my impatience with her was growing.

“If it really was nothing, then he will understand when you tell him. You need to tell him you were drunk, and you made out with someone else.” I repeated. “If it was nothing... then what's the big deal?”

“...Sylvia. He'll leave me.” I didn't need to look at Devon to know that she was about to cry.

“Maybe he should.” I said coldly, which brought her to the edge.

“I'm sorry okay. I shouldn't of drank last night... but. I can't tell him. I can't ruin everything. I'm sorry.” She cried, and my heart broke a little. Devon was my best friend I never ever wanted to see her like this but I cant have her go back to New Hampshire and pretend like none of that happened, it wouldn't be right and since I was all for that lately I needed to keep up with it.

“You just need to tell him.” I corrected.

“I can't.” She said stubbornly, wiping her eyes.

“If you don't, I will.” My voice was hard, and the rest of the car ride was silent besides her cries. At least when we got to the airport it looked normal, two friends parting ways. But we said nothing to each other even as she got out of the car and I helped her with her things, not a single word was shared between us besides my quite “See ya...” which went to deaf ears.

****

I was already in a foul mood as I drove to soccer practice, but realized when I got their I left all my soccer stuff at my house. It was futile anyway, wasn't I quitting? That's what I told Abel last night on a whim. It was the right thing to do though, or at least I thought it was. Abel wasn't so sure, and I hadn't even run it by my parents yet but I knew how disapproved they would be by it already.

They treated Abel like crap, and didn't see anything wrong with it. It wasn't just Abel though, I mean he got the brunt of everything awful but it was kids that were smaller, kids that didn't wear Adidas or Nike. Kids that didn't conform to the idea of wearing sportswear daily and weren't as muscular. It was pathetic and I hated it, I don't want people thinking I'm anything like that... and I needed to put my foot down right now.

Fueled by adrenaline and the memories of why I thought quitting was a good idea the night before I marched into the school to the locker room, the guys nodded their head in an early morning greeting but I didn't even acknowledge them. They looked kind of surprised to see me looking so run down in my sweatpants that apart from my family only chase had seen me in and a tank top.