8.

Itadori knocked on your door, holding up the usual bowls of rice that he'd make every morning for you two. "Did you sleep well?" He spoke kindly, passing you the bowl as you walked into his room to sit on his bed, you weren't awkward about it anymore. You were comfortable in his presence now, he was like a ray of sunshine.
"Yes." You said sternly, without meaning to.
"Not in a talkative mood again?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.
"N-No it's not that I just-" You didn't know how to reply, you wanted to talk to him, tell him about the dream you had.
"Don't worry I understand if you still feel awkward around me." Yuji interrupted you and placed his bowl on his bed, laying his chopsticks next to it. You turned you head down, not being able to formulate a response. You thought about the next words that came out of you mouth a lot.
"I d-don't. You're my classmate after all." Your voice was low, almost a mumble.
"Yayyy! Little (Y/n) is coming out of her shell!" He cried out happily.
"Shut up." You said sternly, before letting out a little giggle. You had never properly laughed in front of someone before, but now you were giggling? You listened to the sound that came out of your mouth and then placed a hand over it as if to block the noise.
"You're cute when you smile." Itadori blurted out, then widening his eyes in surprise- you did the same. A blush settled on both of your cheeks and you awkwardly looked away. But the warmth that had spread inside your chest remained even when you left the room later.

----

The rain was still pouring and you and Megumi were still deathly silent standing next to each other. He hadn't dared to stay a word to you ever since you told him you didn't respect him anymore. He was still hurt from that but didn't show it in his stoic face that was turned towards the detention centre.

Suddenly a chill ran down your spine and your eyes widened when you saw what had happened, the innate domain's closed off, which meant that the special grade was dead... Did that mean that Itadori had made it, you relaxed your shoulders, waiting for the boy to come out of the centre so that you could all go home.

"Sorry, but he's not coming back." A low husky voice came from behind you two and you suddenly felt glued to the spot, "Don't be so frightened. I'm in a great mood right now."

Move, move, move...you thought to yourself, but your legs refused to move, it was like you had been superglued to the floor or frozen from the waist down.

"Lets chat for a bit." The voice said again, walking around you two until he was in front of you and you could get a better look at his face. It was Itadori's face, body...but it wasn't him. He had markings on his face and hooded eyes had replaced the scars underneath his eyes. "This is what he gets for trying to use me without any kind of pact. Feels like he's having some trouble switching back." Sukuna said confidently. Your breathing hitched and all you could do right now was listen. "Still though, it's only a matter of time-" He said, grabbing Itadori's uniform and ripping it, exposing his torso and the markings on his chest.

"So...I thought about what I could do right now." Sukuna smirked as he talked before lifting his arm up and jabbing it into Itadori's chest.
"NO! STOP! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!" You screamed, holding your chest and feeling your heart tighten. Sukuna paid you no attention and instead removed Itadori's heart from his chest, blood flowing out of his mouth as he did so.
"I'm taking this brat hostage." He said, holding the beating heart in his hand with a smirk on his face.
"Hostage?" Megumi breathed out, still frozen wit his eyes wide. You could see the fear in them.
"Yeah. I can live without this, but that ain't true for the brat." Sukuna threw Itadori's heart to the side as if it were a piece of trash, "Switching out means he dies." It was true, if Itadori tried to switch back he would die. Just the thought of it made you want to scream, you didn't want to see anyone else die, especially the boy who had warmed up your heart and helped you smile again.

"Also," Sukuna began speaking again, suddenly holding up one of his fingers that he had probably gotten from the special-grade cursed spirit, "For good measure." He swallowed it, both mine and Megumi's eyes widened and we both suddenly put ourselves in a fighting stance, as if it were automatic for us to do so when confronted with imminent danger. "With that, I'm as free as a bird. You can both be frightened now. I'll kill you!" He finished, smirking at you.

"Our positions are reversed now," Megumi said, in a low voice, you flickered your gaze up at him just to see his face almost completely relaxed, but there was a certain sadness about it. "You just don't get it. He's...Itadori's coming back." His voice was strong and confident, but you didn't know how he was so sure, "Even if that means he'll die, that's just who he is..." You clenched your jaw.
"You give him too much credit. This guys just a little toucher and denser than other humans." Sukuna replied in his husky voice, "Just moments ago, he was scared out of his mind, on the verge of death" Your heart sank even further, picturing Itadori scared wasn't something easy but it broke something inside of you "Prattling on about his regrets and all that nonsense. Mentioning the name (Y/n) as he did so, that wouldn't happen to be you would it?" He said, turning in your direction again with a demonic smile. Your eyes widened, he was talking about you?

"Leave her out of this-"
"Megumi stop." You ordered, positioning your fighting stance again so that your hands were in front of you and ready for combat. You understood that Megumi was only trying to protect you, but that made you angry.
"So you're his little girlfriend, he sure had a lot to say about you-"
"Itadori!-"
"There's no use trying to reach him, and I know for a fact he wouldn't have the guts to kill himself."

Megumi's hands were shaking but before you could process what was going on he had already summoned his shikigami, rue, which was a bird like creature. Rue began flying towards Sukuna, and so did Megumi, and just like that you sprung into action. Running towards Sukuna was slightly terrifying but you though if you could prove that Sukuna needed the heart to be stronger maybe he would heal Itadori's body.

"I'm finally outside, after all. Let's use the open space." He said, smirking. Megumi and you both tried to land hits on him but he dodged it as if it were nothing, even staying completely still in the spot he had started in.

You finally landed a kick on him and he moved backwards a little, Sukuna's attention was now completely on you. He smirked, seeing the potential you had. "Interesting. You're not even using your cursed technique but you'll still come after me?" You ignored his little comment and continued kicking and attacking him the best you could, like you had been trained. Megumi suddenly took over, his shikigami trying to attack Sukuna ruthlessly.
"More, More, More!" He cried out, grabbing Megumi's fist that had just tried to grab him and flung him on the other side of the opening. Before grabbing your arm and pulling you in so that you were just centimeters away from his face, his eyes were glowing a bright red. "Put more curse behind it when you hit me!" He began but then punched you in the face making you tumble back violently.

Your nose was now dripping with blood and you heard Megumi call out your name desperately, but you didn't care- you got back up to your feet and putting yourself back into a fighting stance.

Megumi suddenly summoned orochi, his demon snake which grabbed Sukuna and with him in his mouth flew up into the sky. "Gang up on him!" Megumi shouted at rue, his other shikigami, which was drawing closer to Sukuna by the second, buzzing with electricity. But it was useless, they hit him twice before he made the demon snake explode and disintegrate. Before you knew it he had a hold on Megumi's back, his hand tensing up with power.
"Hey, what did I just say to (Y/n)? Let's use the open space!" Sukuna cried out before flinging Megumi up into the sky.
"Megumi!" You cried out desperately.
"Don't worry I'm not leaving you out of this." Sukuna smirked before kicking you with such a force that you coughed up blood out of your mouth. You wanted to know where Megumi was but it didn't matter at the moment because Sukuna proceeded to land hit after hit on you. You tried desperately to fight back but it was no use.

"I want to see that beautiful cursed technique of yours!" He cried out excitedly. You placed your hands together and called out those fateful words.
"Cursed technique, hell raiser!" You screamed, unleashing your power.