10.

It had been weeks since you had spoken to anyone, you refused to leave your room. You spent the days training and building up muscle and strength, the fight against Sakuna had proved to you just how weak you had really been. And you hated it. Megumi would occaisionally knock at your door to check if you were ok but you never replied. At night you would have nightmares about what had happened on that dreadful rainy day. 

You were also supposed to be training with the second years for the exchange event that happened every year with the other Jujutsu school in Tokyo but you didn't have the strength to leave your room, to come in contact with the reality that Yuji wasn't going to be there anymore. 

"Live a long life." You said to yourself before letting out a 'tsk' noise, "Why am I beating myself up about a guy I only knew for two weeks." Your lower lip trembled when you said that, tears threatening to spill out of your eyes. You opened your phone and looked down at the last messages Itadori had sent you. 

Yuji: Hey I know it's late but I need to talk to you.
(Y/n): What is it?
Yuji: I wanted to ask you if you had seen the newest photo of Jennifer Lawrence.
(Y/n): Why would I be looking at photos of Jennifer Lawrence?
Yuji: you don't look at photos of jennifer lawrence?
(Y/n): no
Yuji: open your door I want to talk to you.  

You opened your door hesitantly after receiving that message just to find Yuji standing outside with a smile on his face, as usual. But when he saw you his eyes looked like they were twinkling. "There's supposed to be shooting stars tonight and I wondered if you-"
"Let me get my coat on, come in." You didn't even let him finish and you were walking back into your room. He walked into your room for the first time ever and admired all your walls that you had painted on whenever you felt lonely, painting was a passion of yours but you had kept it strictly as a hobby. 
"You're really good at drawing, but hurry up we're going to miss the shooting stars." He spoke in a hushed voice, knowing Megumi was probably asleep two doors down. You blushed a little about his comment about your art work but luckily it was dark so Yuji couldn't see how red you had really become. 
When you had finally got your coat on you walked out to the woods that surrounded the school until you found an opening of grass. "You can sit on my coat." Yuji said, putting down his coat on the grass for you to sit on. He simply lay down looking up at the sky. You sat down next to him and turned your head up so you too were looking at the sky, and just as you did so you spotted a shooting star.
"Look!" You said not realising your voice was excited like one of a little girl. Your arm was outstretched, pointing up at the sky where you had seen it. 
"Make a wish." Yuji replied, with a small smile on his face. In all honesty he wasn't looking up at the sky, he was looking at you.

A knock on the door brought you back to reality and out of your memories, that's when you realised your cheeks felt wet due to the tears that were streaming down them. Quickly wiping your eyes you stood up, "Who is it?" You called out, expecting it to be Megumi trying to get you to come and train or at least talk to him face to face rather than through a door. 
"(Y/n) isn't it time you came out of  your room and started improving your cursed technique or trying to find a new one for the exchange event?" Gojo's voice said from the other side of the door. You quickly opened the door to see your teacher in his usual uniform but this time he had glasses on and his hair was down. 
"Find a new one?"
"Tuna Mayo." Said another voice from behind him, you recognised it instantly to be Toge Inumaki. The cursed speech user. Then you realised that there were basically all the second years and Nobara and Megumi hidden behind your teacher. 

Nobara pushed through them and forced you into a hug, "Please come and train with us, we need you on our team, you're one of the strongest people I've fought with." She spoke into the fabric of your t-shirt. You bit your lip before nodding, receiving a sigh of relief from the rest of the crowd. 
"It's good to see you (Y/n)." Panda said cheerily, you nodded in his direction. You wanted to smile, but you couldn't- it didn't feel right to at the moment. 
"It's good to see you all too, now if you don't mind I'll get changed and see you outside." You said, everyone nodded and began to leave but Megumi stayed behind- looking like he wanted to talk to you urgently about something. 

When everyone left he took a step forward and placed a hand on your shoulder, "How are you feeling, you've lost weight are you eating properly?" He asked you, ignoring the uncomfortable face you were pulling. 
"Yes I'm eating just fine." You replied, brushing his hand off your shoulder, "Now if you don't mind-"
"Do you hate me now...because of what happened?" He was referring to the day he left Itadori behind to fend for himself against a special-grade curse. You couldn't help but notice the sad look in his eyes and the way his voice slightly wobbled as he spoke- you could tell he was also very hurt by all of this but was trying to repress it. Biting down on your lip, you shook your head. 
"How could I hate you Megumi, you're my best friend." You forced a fake smile onto your lips before turning around and walking back into your room, closing the door firmly behind you.