39.

"Oh no...(Y/n) Masamichi, who are you?" He grinned eerily as he stared at your confused face, before letting go of your hair and throwing you back down to the floor. If it weren't for the fact he had incapacitated your legs you could've easily grabbed his long hair back, seeing as it reached pretty far down his back and he hadn't tied it up.

You wanted to scream out for Megumi but as soon as you tried to open your mouth, hands arose from the ground- it looked like the same sort of black sludge that had sucked Nobara in and bound themselves together around it to make sure you couldn't make a sound. The only thing you could really hear, except an incessant ringing, were Megumi's footsteps speeding around the domain and tackling the rest of the curses that were appearing. You knew he wasn't aware of the situation you were in, so you decided you were going to make him aware.

Hastily, you spun yourself onto your stomach so you could crawl using your already injured elbows, seeing as standing probably wasn't going to be an option. You were going to try and make it to the cursed tool, if Megumi didn't make it in time at least you had a fair shot at defending yourself. One elbow after another, you began to crawl- excruciating pain shooting up each arm as you did so, it was the only way you fathomed you'd be able to make it because nausea was still overpowering almost every sense. You couldn't tell how he was doing it or if it was a technique of his but it was terrifying and completely debilitating to not be able to control any of your senses properly. Your vision would only stop doubling if you kept your head completely still and despite the blood you kept spitting out you were slowing down your movements so you wouldn't vomit.

Your fist then struck the ground and you made sure to charge it with a copious amount of cursed energy so that the impact of it hitting the rubble could be heard from anywhere in the domain. A small scoff was heard from behind you, as if your attacker was surprised that was your next move, it was infuriating. After the collision you made with the ground you couldn't feel your arm, and another sludgy hand had arisen from the ground and was holding down the arm you had used to strike. The signalling seemed to work despite the new pain you were in, as Fushiguro's footsteps stopped and it looked like he was turning and beginning to run in your direction, you were using all your energy left to crawl in the direction he was running towards. A foot suddenly stomped on your ankle though, the noise of cracking echoing and your screams of agony muffled by the sludge hands wrapped around your mouth. You had completely disregarded how close your attacker was, it was good that you had raised awareness to your predicament but in the meantime if Megumi didn't arrive quickly enough you knew you were going to be a goner.

Slammed your head against the rubble in pain, as if it was somehow a reflex, you tried your hardest no to writhe around because the last thing you wanted was to show complete vulnerability. "What was that just now huh? Calling for your little friend for help? Do you have a death-wish for him too?" His foot was still pressed on your ankle and he slowly began moving it in a circular motion, the pain made it feel like your eyes were going to pop out of your head and cold sweat was drenching your clothes. You had felt worse pain in your lifetime but this was continual pain, it didn't stop and the cursed user you seemed to be up against was making sure of it. "I would stop (Y/n) but if I kill you I'd have enough power to destroy your world as you know it and kill all your friends one by one." His voice reminded you of a hiss of a venomous snake ready to attack, it sounded like he was over the moon to be in the situation he was in.

He'd have enough power to destroy the world as we knew it? You thought to yourself panicked, why doesn't he just kill me right now then? You knew you had a source of power to which you were unaware of but you also knew you didn't harbour that much power. Even Gojo said himself that he was more powerful than you, and you didn't doubt it for a second. You've seen the speed and potential that he has in combat, he can fight an opponent without even having to engage his special cursed techniques.