12.

"Yuji?" 

"(Y/n)..." His voice trailed off, hearing it for the first time in a month almost made you break down. Your feet felt fixed to the floor, you wanted to turn around and run back to my room but something made you stay. It was dark so you could barely see his face but you could tell by his features that it was him. "I-I saw you die..." You stuttered, holding back tears. He tried stepping forward towards you but you abruptly flinched, causing Gojo to put his arm up to keep him back. "Y-You knew?" You turned to Gojo, who had his head turned towards the floor. You couldn't believe it, all the pain you'd just gone through, for nothing? 

You pushed past my teacher and the boy you thought had died weeks ago and began running out of the dorm and towards the opening where you had sat with Yuji that evening when you had gone stargazing together. Your heart was racing due to the fact you had run all the way there, so you simply sat down on the grass and hugged your knees, burying your head in them. 

Tears streaked down your face, but not because you was sad, but because you were relieved he was ok. You were glad that he hadn't died, you'd probably never tell him that but you were allowed to think it. Your breathing began to slow down and so you let go of my knees, allowing your body to lie down on the floor- without realising the smile that had broken out on your face you let out a sigh of relief. 

"(Y/n)..." The sound of Yuji's voice made your eyes snap open and widen- you instantly sat up and saw he was standing a few steps away from you, as if he were keeping his distance. You bit down on your lip and lowered your gaze away from his face and towards the grass in front of you. "Can you at least look at me." He took a step forwards, and once he saw that you hadn't flinched he took another, and then another until he was standing in front of you. He then crouched and picked off a leaf that had got caught in your hair whilst you had been lying down. Your eyes finally met and he gave you a small smile, causing you to clench your jaw.

 Yuji noticed the look of pain that had spread over your features and it hurt him, but without thinking he grabbed your hands, holding them in his. At this move you instantly retracted them and shuffled a bit away from him. "Y-You could've said something, sent a text-"
"I wanted to, I really wanted to trust me (Y/n) but Gojo-sensei told me not to." He looked at your dead in the eye and sighed, seeing that you weren't at all convinced with his excuse. One thing you did notice though, while looking into his eyes, were that they were sad. 

Questions were flying through your head but you focused on his brown eyes again and gave him a small sad smile. "You really are a shit bag" You chuckled lightly, shaking your head. He nodded and joined in with your little chuckle. You looked down at his hands to see them clenching up, so you grabbed them and intertwined them with yours for some reason, maybe because you wanted him to relax. 

When you realised what you had done, a blush spread out on your face and you tried to take them away from him but he didn't let you, instead he held them tighter. "I'm really sorry (Y/n)." He said after a moment of silence, you gave him a small smile and nodded. 
"I'll forgive you this time doofus, but don't pull a stunt on me like that again." You said, but what you really wanted to say was how much you missed him, missed the breakfasts, laughs and weird but special moments you'd shared. But you lacked the courage to say things like that because when you tried to open your mouth to say it, you choked on your words. 
"I promise." He said before smiling widely. He then proceeded to sit next to you, letting go of one of your hands, but never let go of the other one. 

Yuji then lay down and pulled you down so you too were looking up at the sky. Your heart was beating so quickly, he squeezed your hand and you smiled, turning your head to face him, just to see him already looking at you. When you made eye contact you blushed profusely but he just chuckled, never taking his eyes off you. 

He thought you looked cute when you blushed, especially if it was him who was causing you to. He almost said it out loud, but held himself back due to the fact that he thought that it could make you uncomfortable. Yuji was sure about his feelings towards you, but he knew that you weren't ready to hear those words yet, still he wanted to continue to see you smile and be around you. He had time to think whilst he was training with Gojo and he realised you were constantly on his mind, like a little bug. At first he wanted to squish this bug and get rid of it completely, and he almost managed to until he saw a photo of you with the second years. 

Nobara had posted it on instagram, it was you, Maki, Panda and Toge altogether on the training grounds. You had this unimpressed look on your face but Yuji thought you looked so pretty standing there in your uniform, that's when he realised how he felt. Gojo had noticed him staring at the photo, or you in particular and smirked to himself. 

You gazed back at Yuji, who now looked deep in thought as he stared at you, "Have I got something on my face." You said, wiping your cheek with your free hand. You didn't dare to take your hand out of his, the feeling of your hand in his was warming up your hand and you didn't want this feeling to end. 
"N-No..." He stuttered and looked the other way, breaking the eye contact with you so that you couldn't see the way his cheeks had become bright red. 

When you didn't say anything for a while, he turned his head around just to see you had fallen asleep. Chuckling, Yuji lifted you up in his arms and began walking back towards the dorm. You had opened your mouth a little whilst you were asleep and Yuji ended up finding himself staring at your lips. He held himself back from doing anything stupid and carried on walking, lifting his head back up to stare at the path ahead. 

"I came back early for you (Y/n)." He whispered before smiling and sneaking back into the dorms, he had to make sure no one saw him. He succeeded and placed you down in your bed, you groaned a bit and shuffled onto your side so that your back was facing Yuji- who had a heartwarming smile on his face. 

"See you tomorrow." He whispered again, before walking out of the room to find Gojo.