17.

My eyes flew open and I found myself lying down on a futon that had been laid out on the floor. You blinked a couple of times and all of a sudden felt very disoriented. You were trying to think of the last thing you could remember before waking up in this room in Jujutsu tech. 

The cursed spirit, you thought, instantly springing up but the sharp pain in the back of your head made you wince. "(Y/n)!" The sound of Yuji's voice ringing in your ears made you suddenly feel calm. He was sitting by the futon you were laying on with his legs crossed comfortably. You took a deep breath in and let it out slowly. Something was different about him, it was as if in the short time you two had been away from each other, he had grown stronger. 

"Y-Yuji, t-the cursed-" You couldn't even finish your sentence as you were interrupted by Todo who slammed open the door and pushed Itadori out of the way to be beside you. Everything was happening all at once and it was making your head spin a little. 
"Sorry for pushing you my friend but (Y/n), you're finally awake, thank god." He wheezed trying to grab my hands, I slapped his hands away from me and wobbled to get up to my feet. Todo stood there with wide eyes, it looked like they were twinkling. You scrunched your face up and turned to Yuji, who was also looking at you with wide eyes. 
"T-The cursed spirit." I said the them sternly, they gave you a small smile and lowered their heads, you could tell by their cheeky expressions that something good had happened and you just prayed that they had managed to exorcise it. 

"We heard you managed to land a black flash." Itadori said, smiling proudly, you nodded confused as to why everything was so calm. He took a step towards you and you automatically took a step towards him, but then another flash of pain made your head throb and you held it with one hand. The pain was bearable but when you felt the back of your head you felt a bump from where your head must've made contact with the concrete. Your eyes widened when you felt the tried up blood in your hair, you instantly thought of how great a shower would be right now. 

"I knew you were amazing (Y/n)." Todo gushed, practically fangirling over you. You smiled at him and thanked him, and suddenly he looked like he was in heaven after you had thanked him. "I always knew you were an angel." He whispered wiping a small tear from the corner of his eyes, moving slightly away from you now, but you still saw his eyes twinkling. 

"It's over now, they ran away." Yuji said reassuringly, taking another step towards you so that you were close before grabbing you and pulling you into a hug. You suddenly felt all the tension leave your body as he embraced you. No one had hugged you in years and it was in that moment that you realised how touch starved you had been. You wrapped your arms around him and melted into the embrace.  

"I'll give you two a moment best friend." Todo muttered to Yuji before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him. You didn't see it but Yuji mouthed a little 'thank you' to Todo and he replied to Yuji by sticking his thumbs up supportively. He could tell there was something between you, but you were more focused on your embrace to notice that he had even left. 

"You blacked out once you hit the wall and Megumi managed to run to you before the roots hit you. You really gave me a scare when I saw you limp in Megumi's arms." He chuckled, but you could tell he wasn't at all calm right now. In fact when you looked him in the eyes you could see the worry behind them. 

He remembered looking at you with blood dripping from your head, the look on Megumi's face that was so desperate for her to get help and the special-grade that was nearing closer. Yuji shakily breathed in, and began holding on to you more tightly because he didn't want you to let go. 

You felt his grip on your tighten and you pulled away from him a few moments later, but despite you pulling away he still kept his hands on your waist protectively. He didn't want you going too far away from him now that he had managed to get an embrace from you. "I'm alright Yuji, you can calm down." You muttered reassuringly, placing your hands on his chest just to feel his heartbeat going crazy. You widened your eyes, worried as to why his heart was beating so fast. 
"How can I be calm around you?" He replied back under his breath, his forehead was now pressed up against yours and you felt butterflies flying around in your stomach, you saw him look at down at your lips and the look back up at your eyes.  
"What do you mean?" You whispered back, not breaking the eye contact for a second. Your mind was going crazy and you didn't know what to think of the situation you were in or the tension that was in the air. 
"Can I try something?" He didn't reply to your question but instead asked another one. 

Your hands were still pressed on Yuji's chest and you nodded, not sure what to expect. He took a deep breath in and there was a moment of silence before he pressed his lips against yours, taking you completely by surprise. The moment was cut short by the sound of the door beginning to open and you quickly pushed Itadori away from you, panting heavily at the shock of what he had just done. Yuji widened his eyes, and glanced at the door just to see Megumi standing in the doorway with wide eyes. You prayed that he hadn't seen anything, not because you regretted what had happened with Yuji but because you were embarrassed for someone who you considered a brother to see what you had just done. 

Yuji on the other hand looked hurt, he thought you were embarrassed of having kissed him. Suddenly a fiery anger surged through him and he got up and left the room, leaving you practically shell shocked standing in front of Megumi. "Y-Yuji!" You called out for him and ran out into the corridor but he had already disappeared. 
"Did I interrupt something?" Megumi asked, scratching his head a little in confusion. You didn't know what to reply, you wished that Itadori hadn't left in such a hurry so that you could ask him why he did that. 

Moreover, you wanted to ask him why your heart was beating so fast and why you had butterflies in your stomach and why did his presence instantly calm you when you first saw him when you woke up. 

"I wanted to see if you had woken up, you were in pretty bad shape when Panda brought you back here with us." Megumi interrupted your thoughts and pulled you back down to reality, you bit your lip and forced a smile onto your face, but your eyes deceived you and gave away just how confused you really were. 
"I'm alright Megumi, d-did you see which direction Itadori disappeared to?" You asked, trying not to give away how desperate you were to see him. You had a feeling there had been a little misunderstanding.  Megumi shook his head and you sighed, ruffling your best friends hair. He smiled lightly, seeing that you were ok was more than enough for him. 

Yuji on the other hand had run outside, he stopped when he bumped into Todo. His newly found best friend turned around and raised an eyebrow, he was confused as to why Yuji was here and not with you. "What's the matter my friend?" Todo asked, watching the boy in front of him pant as he held on to his knees. Yuji didn't reply, instead he dashed past Todo and ran all the way back to his dorm, shutting the door behind him. He suddenly pressed his back against the door and slid down slowly until he was sitting on the floor, he held his head in his head in his hands and rocked back and forth slightly. 

"Yuji, are you in there?" He heard your voice from the other side of the door but didn't reply, he wanted to make you go away. After moments of silence he heard your footsteps walk away from the door and let out a sigh of relief. 
"I shouldn't have done that." He said to himself, placing his head in his hands before letting out another deep sigh.