part three| shut up please

✯︎

I woke up on Friday with a horrible pit in my stomach. I couldn't sleep much last night. I never had a good sleeping schedule but last night was especially horrible and i'm not sure why. Maybe it was just nerves. Yesterday Ms Venable was as cold as ice. She merely gave me quick glances when addressing me and a work load that could send a senior into cardiac arrest. I didn't mind the work, it was her that was bothering me. I felt led on. I thought there was a little something, a little flirting, but apparently I was wrong. No matter how hard I tried to induce in conversation I was shut down by the woman. I knew I should've trusted my gut and left it at that. I mentally scolded myself at the fact I actually thought there was a romantic feeling between us. I should've known she would be like every other person I meet.

I very solemnly got ready for the day ahead of me. While staring at the girl in the mirror with tangled hair and dark circles, I picked apart what I disliked for a good 10 minutes.

This morning I took a cab. I didn't feel like driving today.

"Thanks." I said tipping the cab driver and getting out of the car.

In front of me was the building that now plastered a look of hatred on my face. Who knew one person could make me so damn salty. I made my way inside saying hello to Chris and going up the elevator. The long corridor somehow became longer and whiter.

I took a deep breath before walking through the doors to which I see Ms Venable talking to one of my co-workers. Looks like somebody must've fucked up because I could see the timidness in their face while they were being scolded. As I went to my desk I didn't make eye contact with anybody. I didn't feel like making friendly conversation when I could very easily stay silent.

Ms Venable's cane tapped loudly towards me then stopped. I looked up immediately with furrowed brows. Ms Venable was smiling at me. Smiling? What games is she playing with me? I'm sick and tired of it. But yet I couldn't hold back, my angry face quickly turned into desire. I returned a weak smile and went back to working on my laptop with pink cheeks. God those eyes pierce right through your soul and I wanted more of it. More of that feeling I got when she looked at me like that.

I got distracted by Ms Venable walking past me and nearly forgot her coffee so I quickly ran to get it, bumping into someone on the way there. Almost burning my hand twice I had the mug gripped tightly in my fingers and brought it to the woman's office office.

I knocked a few times.

"Ms Venable?" I peeked in.

She welcomed me with a lovely face looking up from her laptop.

"Angelique." she said quietly.

Yet again I could feel my cheeks blushing. I loved the way she said my name.

"Your coffee." I said placing it gently on her desk.

Before I could start to leave Ms Venable placed her hand on mine, holding it for a moment. I stared at our skin touching for a few seconds before snapping out of my imagination and quickly pulling away.

"No.." I said looking down. "I can't do this. This little game."

"What game?" she said standing up and leaning against her desk.

I looked back into her deep brown eyes.

"This game you're playing with me. A few days ago you said you liked me, liked me. And I said I liked you too." I spoke shakily trying to hold back my tears.