part four| sweet restaurant

✯︎

*ring ring ring*

*ring ring ring*

"God what the fuck." I mumbled under my breathe as I angrily turned to my side and grabbed my phone, picking up the call.

"Hello?" I voiced in a loud tone, desperately wanting to go back to sleep.

"Angelique?" said a familiar voice on the other line.

I instantly felt bad for yelling as soon as I recognized who it was. I remember I had texted Wilhemina last night before I went to sleep to make sure I had her number saved, after she slipped that note in my bag which was her number.

"Mina." I said lowering my tone.

"Did I wake you up?" said Wilhemina.

I looked at the time, 12:48 pm.

"No! No i've been up for hours." I lied.

"Okay, then I was wondering if you'd like to get something to eat..?" she said nervously.

"Of course! Yes i'll be there." I said not entirely understanding what was being said.

"Okay. How about that little restaurant a few blocks down?" she asked.

I didn't answer, I was too busy rubbing my eyes.

"Hm?" I said after a few moments of silence.

She let out a little laugh. "I'll just pick you up in an hour."

"Okay Mina." I said smiling through the phone.

"Goodbye darling." she said softly.

"Bye honey." I replied then hung up.

I lowered the phone from my ear and had a stupid large grin on my face. Hearing her voice filled me with butterflies, especially when she spoke in that soft tone.

I shook my head out of my thoughts and realized I should probably get ready. I didn't mean to sleep in this late but I was awfully tired from working and then not sleeping all night.

My bed was a mess but I didn't care too much. There was art stuff scattered among the floor but I also didn't care enough to straighten that up. Nobody was going to see it anyways. I made my coffee and chugged it for no reason since I wasn't in much of a rush. I fixed the mess that was on my head and gussied up my face a little. Nothing too extreme, I didn't want to get myself worked up thinking this was a date. Was it a date? I don't know, but after 50 minutes I was ready.

I was checking myself in the mirror, smoothing out my floral top and straightening the belt on my black pants when I got a buzz from my phone. And sure enough it was Mina.

Mina

I'm on my way are you ready?
1:39pm

Yeah i'm ready
1:39pm

Okay i'll be there in a few ❤️
1:40pm

That grin slipped my face once again as I put my shoes on. I couldn't calm down my racing heart while I waited for Wilhemina to tell me she was outside. Anytime I thought about her striking face for two seconds it was all I could think about for the rest of the day.

After a few minutes of pattering my feet to the beat of a song I got a text saying she was outside. I was so eager to see her again I almost fell down the stairs. My clumsiness was embarrassingly evident when I was excited or nervous.