part nine| arguments

✯︎

It was official. Wilhemina was my girlfriend and I couldn't be happier. I felt like I finally belonged to someone, someone I love. I see my future with this woman. I see myself moving in with her, us getting married, and maybe adopting a kid, although only time will tell. All I know is I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman, and I want to spend every second close to her. Close to my girlfriend.

I went back to my desk and sat there in a state of awe. My face was a bright red as I replayed Wilhemina's words in my head. She was my girlfriend. It was stupid that I was gushing over a few measly words, yet they meant so much to me. I wanted this warm feeling inside me to last forever, but it was soon cut short by Wilhemina calling my name from her office.

"What's wrong?" I asked after sprinting to the door.

Her voice sounded distraught when she yelled for me.

"Close the door." she spoke.

She buried her forehead in her palms and began taking deep breaths.

"Mina please tell me what happened." I said softly, standing close to her and giving her shoulder a sympathetic squeeze.

"Remember that box I got in the mail that I couldn't tell you about?" she began.

I nodded in reply.

"Something's happened to it." she stood up and started pacing back and forth. "I put it in my bag this morning, and now it's gone."

"Did you try retracing your steps? Maybe you left it-"

"Angelique!" she boomed, cutting me off. "It's missing and I need to find it!"

I instantly shut my mouth and lowered my gaze to the ground.

"I'm sorry." she sighed. "It's just something extremely important and I had it with me when we came inside, now it's gone."

I stayed silent, not wanting to upset her.

"Sweetheart." she said raising my chin so I was forced to look at her.

"I'm sorry for yelling. I just need to find this or else i'll lose my job. If I tell you what it is, will you keep an eye out for me?" she spoke a little softer.

I nodded.

"It's a small disk. It looks a like a cd but slightly thicker and heavier. I can't tell you what it does, but that's what it looks like okay?"

"Okay." I replied.

Wilhemina gave me a faint grin and a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you." she said, and sat back down.

I let out a quiet sigh and left Wilhemina to her work.

I wish I knew what that small disk did. Maybe if I knew what it did i'd know why Wilhemina was so upset about losing it. Nonetheless I left it smashed into the back of my head, not pondering over it any longer.

▽︎△︎▽︎

After a while of staring blankly at my computer and typing emails at the speed of light, lunch time rolled around. I was in desperate need of some food and to stretch my legs, so I walked out the building and was on the hunt for a sandwich. I remembered passing a nice shop about a block away, so I started in that direction.

As I opened the shop's small door and a quiet bell rang, I noticed Christine leaning against the counter and scrolling on her phone.

"Hey." I said walking up to her.