Chapter 26: New Pillar??

A/n: I have finally have 1 day break from modules!!! I finally made a tiktok account to relieve some of my stress but can't believe I'm receiving spoilers of the anime 😩.

BTW, if you saw any errors kindly point it out, since its been 2 months since I last published and write😅.

Moving on!!
3rd person's POV

    "Its nice to meet you too Ubuyashiki-sama." You politely greeted back with a small bow before facing the other pillar and greeting them the same.

    The attention of the pillars you haven't met in person were glued on you. To others, it may look like their attention was focus in front, but you can clearly feel their burning gaze at the back of your head.

   Sensing the situation, Ubuyashiki-sama broke the silence by asking question.

"(Y/n)-san, I've heard you have faced Douma in battle?" Ubuyashiki-sama remark surprised most of the pillars except for the two pillars whose present on the scene.

  By the mention of the demon's name, you had a brief flashback of the conversation you two had that night. Ignoring the sad thought, you answered back.

  "Yes, I have. But, I am still on the loosing end." The fact that you delivered your answered with a straight face baffled the pillars, when mostly they'll answer with an ounce of anger when admitting the loss they have experienced.

   "Well without the poison I had concocted out of a whim before meeting him, We may have been corpse that night." You continued as you showed the small vial of the said poison in between of your fingers, and this pique the attention of certain pillar.

   "Hmm, is that so?" Ubuyashiki-sama mumbled and fell into deep thought then silence befell upon us for a brief moment. "It seems they're one head ahead of us, even one of the upper moon made an appearance." 

    'Well technically, I don't know if I'm a trouble magnet that I managed to face a demon whose nearly impossible to spot on.' You thought to yourself avoiding some stares. 'Also, regarding of what we had discussed, I think it's best to keep it a secret for now.' You said in your mind, not paying attention to what Ubuyashiki-sama is saying when your mind is occupied by something.That until when he called your name.

     "(Y/n), would you want to be part of the pillars?" He asked which caught you off guard, as well as the others.

  "Pardon?" You asked assuming you heard it wrong but alas, he repeated the exact same question.

    Surprised of the sudden recommendation of becoming a new pillar, you bit the inside if your cheek to think before making up your mind.

  Then, Iguro Obanai the serpent pillar objected as you were about to tell your answer.

   "Master, pardon me but. I want to ask a favor." He said catching all the attention of the other pillar including yourself as you turn your head to face him.

"What is the favor you asking for?" Ubuyashiki-sama asked calmly. You and obanai made eye contact and you could practically feel the tension between the two of you.

   "I would like to ask a favor if you could let us have match." He straightforwardly said as you raised a brow before the corner of your lips turned into a slight smirk.

   'Doubting my strength I see.' You thought as you move your body to face him fully. As you could already see, the expecting gazes of the other pillars as they wait their master to agree to the favor presented by the serpent pillar.

  "Hmn, do you agree to have a match with Iguro (y/n)-San?" Ubuyashiki-sama asked you and the you smirk turned into a smile. "I would never back down." Shinobu slightly frowned when you agreed to the match as she know that the wound on your stomach wasn't completely healed.